Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

STEVEYB01

Seperate Scenery Zoom Level?

Hi gents, :( just taken delivery of the FSX MD-11.......awesome!....have flown the pmdg747 for years amongst others, I wish to ask a question regarding the scenery zoom level viewed through the virtual cockpit windows.I have always adjusted the default 0.70 setting to a more realistic 0.50, makes scenery a thousand times better looking and drastically improves photo scenery loading/blurring. If I remember rightly in FS2004 I could adjust the zoom without the cockpit zoom being affected, but this is a combined feature it seems in FSX.Setting the zoom to 0.50 makes the instruments to far away,and as in the 747 wasn"t a problem because one could adjust eye-point position accordingly. The default eye-position with MD-11 really is the best possible position and really shows off the cockpit and when one pans around the position of the pilots eye is correct,and when i try to decrease the outside scenery zoom to 0.50...obviously changing cockpit zoom with that..I cannot acheive a satisfactory eye-point as one could with the 747 ...to get the PFD to the default zoom size ie, 0.70 setting, your virtually sitting on the dash! and all panning view points are unrealistic and one cannot see over the dashboard suffiently. Is there any means to adjust the scenery zoom view that is viewed throught the cockpit window without effecting the cockpit zoom setting?....you may think "why is he so bothered by the zoom level"..well its taken me years to obtain a satisfactory visual quality to my photoreal scenery and this option I noticed really enhanced the scenery ie,FranceVFR alps etc......Oh,better mention I use Triplehead2Go! thanks Steve...................

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!