Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest marquisor

SBuilderX add maps to project

Guest marquisor

hello designers!first see attachment:i want to add the yellow region to my project (extend the map above it). how can i do that?further question:how could i easily do square maps f.e. 4x6 or 10x10 of such maps all LOD 15 as the green transparent on the screenshot? without exactly choose their connections, overlap/gaps issue?thx in advance!regardspatrick

Hello Patrick,You cannot extend a Map, but you can delete an existing Map and create a larger one covering the desired area. However, it will be rectangular and will cover more than what you show, and perhaps it will even be too large and your computer won't be able to make it.Or, you can simply create another Map in addition to the existing Map. Then, either compile them both and you will have 2 bgls, or use the inf files from both compilations to create a Multisource inf file and let Resample put both sources together to make a single bgl.Overlaps don't really matter if they are not too large - it is all the same image and the overlap should not look differently just because of that. However, you can also eliminate any overlaps by simply creating a Multisource inf file for all your sources - this will result in a single bgl containing all of the Maps.Best regards.Luis

Guest marquisor
Hello Patrick,You cannot extend a Map, but you can delete an existing Map and create a larger one covering the desired area. However, it will be rectangular and will cover more than what you show, and perhaps it will even be too large and your computer won't be able to make it.Or, you can simply create another Map in addition to the existing Map. Then, either compile them both and you will have 2 bgls, or use the inf files from both compilations to create a Multisource inf file and let Resample put both sources together to make a single bgl.Overlaps don't really matter if they are not too large - it is all the same image and the overlap should not look differently just because of that. However, you can also eliminate any overlaps by simply creating a Multisource inf file for all your sources - this will result in a single bgl containing all of the Maps.Best regards.Luis
hi luis!thx for quick answer. great product you've made! i didn't believe i could do own photorealistic ground textures that fast! i tried tileproxy but it was crap for using with win7... well, whatever. with your program we got no lags and our desired details.ok, i thought those polygons functions were to add some new maps, well, nevermind, didn't find enough time yet about how to do all the stuff with sbuilderx. well, the another map thing i understand, as i can see the rectangle of the map before. this isn't that difficult though a "snap in" objecttracking would be great. and i would have to place it besides, below or above ok. still gaps/overlaps but hmm i will see...now, how is that multisource imagined? the converter collects all single files/.inf and detects overlaps and builds one big rectangle/polygon -> .BGL out of it?as i want to create at least LOD15 texture of some regions (i always get an error if area is too big for LOD16 ~ 2,5GB? known issue? oom?) it's much work to do to create 100km