Sign in to follow this  
Arjun

AIRAC Error

I just had a small error with the iFly. When i put in the PMDG Nav DATA Airace into the iFly 747, there is a small error. This is mainly to do with the Runways in the Routes page. No matter what runway you enter, even if it is the correct one, it says that the runway doesn't exist. The other error is while putting Nav Aids into the Routes section. IT says that the NavAid isn't in the database while its still in the Nav Aids folder. The confusing part is that the original AIRAC that came with the iFly (0511) and the current AIRAC Data (0913) have the same format of information.Any help appreciated.

Hi,I have XP. I think the formatting maybe slightly different as pointed out by the email i sent to the developers. Trying to see what happens and will play around with it.Arjun

Hi,I have XP. I think the formatting maybe slightly different as pointed out by the email i sent to the developers. Trying to see what happens and will play around with it.Arjun
Hi Arjun et al,I have the same problem with eg KDFW RW35L but not with NZCH RW02 etc etc.Like you I checked the wpNavApt file and the lines for KDFW exist includiing RW35L. The only difference between the line for KDFW and NZCH is a space after RW02.I asked Jianwei Shen about the '----' on the Dep Arr page, suggeting that this limits the sting to eg RWnn but he said that this was not the case and to just enter eg 35L in the scratchpad and click L2 as normal. This and similar entries always result in the NOT IN DATABASE message.I suspect that there is a bug in the source-code for the gauge but we do not have access to it.It would be helpful, given the developers reply to me, if the source-code could be reviewed.Regards, acfox (Alex)

Hi Arjun et al,I have the same problem with eg KDFW RW35L but not with NZCH RW02 etc etc.Like you I checked the wpNavApt file and the lines for KDFW exist includiing RW35L. The only difference between the line for KDFW and NZCH is a space after RW02.I asked Jianwei Shen about the '----' on the Dep Arr page, suggeting that this limits the sting to eg RWnn but he said that this was not the case and to just enter eg 35L in the scratchpad and click L2 as normal. This and similar entries always result in the NOT IN DATABASE message.I suspect that there is a bug in the source-code for the gauge but we do not have access to it.It would be helpful, given the developers reply to me, if the source-code could be reviewed.Regards,acfox (Alex)
Hi Ajun et al,I was wrong to suspect the source-code and I am sorry if I caused any offence to Jiangwei Shen.I re-checked my FS9 and FSX iFly file structures and found errors that I made when I updated the AIRAC and sid star files.I now have my fs9 and FSX versions working without problems.If I can be of any help email me:- acfox@xnet.co.nzRegards, acfox (Alex)