Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

baw716

Installing FSX and FS2004 on separate/second HDD

Greetings all,I recently read an article that suggested to speed up FSX, install it on a separate internal hard drive. In addition, because there is software I want to run (PSS777 is one example) that cannot be run on FSX, I want to install FS2004 as well. As a side note: I have FSX running fine on the original drive, but it is starting to crowd the drive a little which is having an effect on overall performance, especially when running multiple programs and FSX (e.g. Active Sky and FSX do not operate well together on C: drive).I purchased, installed and formatted the D: drive, installed FS2004 (I already have FSX on the C: drive...this was a test) and it seems to run without problems...FPS in the 60 range with all sliders to full. The problem developed when I attempted to install the Just Flight (PSS) 777 Professional. Of course I installed FSUIPC3.96 and then installed the PSS777...then I opened it up (Cessna first) then discovered that when the 777 panel loaded, everything loaded except the font displays, etc; no letters/numbers on the PFC/ND/CDU, etc. Question 1: Is there something that I might have missed installing FS2004? Question 2: Is there something in either the PSS or FS9 program that required any system files that may be located on the C: (primary/OS drive)?Here is the computer configuration:Custom built (socket 775) Core 2 Quad 9550 (12MB L2 1333MHz FSB)RAM: 8GB DDR3 1333MOBO: MSI P45D3 Platinum (ATX, P45, 7.1, GBLAN, PCI-E: 2-16X, 2-1X, 3-PCI, 4DDR3, 6SATA, 1IDE, HDMI, firewire.Graphic Card: Nvidia GeForce 9800GTX 512mbHDD1: 1TB Seagate 7500HDD2: 1TB Seagate 7500 <===NEWTwo Optical Drives (one DVD/CD-RW, 2nd DVD/CD-P).External: WD 1TB 7500 HDD (for backups)Sound: Creative SoundBlaster X-FI Xtreme AudioOS: Vista 64 bitNote: HDDs are not configured for RAID.I'm going to install PMDG hardware to see if I run into same problem or if this is isolated to the 777Prof.Any ideas or suggestions most welcome!ThanksDave Lamb(baw716)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!