Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jstonehouse

New Outer Terrain Textures - Screenshots

Here's a few screenshots of some new textures I'm working on. I'm hoping to release a set of 17 next month, to replace the existing 13 and add new field, canyon, rocky desert and chaparral textures. I have another 9 on the backburner and hope to release a full set of 26 at some point. Unfortunately, it takes a lot of time to produce transition tiles...especially water transitions...RegardsJonathan S.flt3096.pngflt3097.pngflt3019.pngflt3031.pngflt3037.pngflt3041.pngflt3068.png

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thank you j, looks really good. How are the transitions at the hi-res borders. jimb

Thank you j, looks really good. How are the transitions at the hi-res borders. jimb
I haven't checked to be honest. Should be OK, but I'll check and do some match-up work if necessary. The rules.txt file needs a lot of work: huges swathes of the OT are covered by just two or three textures, so even with better textures it still looks pretty grim. If anyone feels like taking a crack at the rules then I could upload a 'beta' version of the new gentiles.tag file in a couple of weeks. This would include all the land textures, variations and transitions but exclude water transitions, which I haven't even started yet!

I haven't checked to be honest. Should be OK, but I'll check and do some match-up work if necessary. The rules.txt file needs a lot of work: huges swathes of the OT are covered by just two or three textures, so even with better textures it still looks pretty grim. If anyone feels like taking a crack at the rules then I could upload a 'beta' version of the new gentiles.tag file in a couple of weeks. This would include all the land textures, variations and transitions but exclude water transitions, which I haven't even started yet!
This looks very good for generic textures! The hi-res match could more easily be fixed the other way -- once you have created the best possible set of OT textures the adjoining hi-res margins can be edited to make them blend.A belated happy new year,Hans Petter