Sign in to follow this  
Guest djprem

FSX Tweak

Guest SK8TRBOI747
I beg to differ. I DO have excellent DX10 hardware, but I don't see any performance increase with DX10. DX10 nullifies my HQ NHancer settings, forces me to do AA in FSX - and thus is even SLOWER than my optimized DX9 setup. Your mileage may vary, but mine isn't good at all with DX10.
Yep, as you say "your mileage may vary". I do not know what 'HQ NHancer' is...assuming some kind of addon to tweak video card settings? Again, I don't know - I don't use any addons, enhancers, system loaders, etc., etc. Just an up to date drivers on sorta modern hardware, FSX and PMDG addons. Who knows, maybe I'm just lucky! :( Oh, current thinking is that AA should be application controllled, i.e. by FSX (which is opposite of FS9, but hey, things change). Without a full listing of what your system is, I can't comment further. (Which is why I list mine, so folks can know on this system, this works, etc.) I really feel bad when I see folks having such issues on FSX and PMDG add-ons as my setup simply flys (pun intended!) and quality is stunning. I truly hope you can find the right combo for your hardware, or make the changes in HW to get there - Man, the results are spectacular.Cheers!

AA and AF should be app controlled on the current ATI cards, but it needs to be set with nHancer for Nvidia cards because of the way their driver prevents higher levels of it from working unless you disable that "feature" with nHancer.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest SK8TRBOI747
AA and AF should be app controlled on the current ATI cards, but it needs to be set with nHancer for Nvidia cards because of the way their driver prevents higher levels of it from working unless you disable that "feature" with nHancer.
I did not know that! I have a 1 GB GTS250 O/C - I'll give it a try (even though nVidia's own game 'template' in their Performance software - NVIDIA Control Panel Application 2.8.260.03 - has it set, and recommended, as "Application Controlled". It's easy to give it a try and try it I will!)Thanks!

That's exactly what I'm talking about - Nvidia tries to force you into doing it their way and you can actually get much better results by forcing 8XS mode with nHancer.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest SK8TRBOI747
That's exactly what I'm talking about - Nvidia tries to force you into doing it their way and you can actually get much better results by forcing 8XS mode with nHancer.
I tried it through the nVidia perfomance tool at 8x and voila - it works great!Thanks, Ryan. See - that's what I love about this forum/PMDG, the fact that no matter what your skill level, you can learn something new and useful every day.Cheers,