Sign in to follow this  

"RW Flight Instruction"

HiDue to some fortuitous transactions in the market I am now able to realize a life long dream which is to be able to pursue a realworld PPL and beyond.The question I would like to ask is if anybody has information on the best training facilities in the PHL/South Jersey areas.I would like to do this but would like to stear clear of the run of the mill and learn from the best in this area of the U.S.My ultimate aim is to earn a CFI ticket and to do this on a full time basis.Any comments,questions,or information would be greatfully accepted.ThanksRon Reesronrees3@comcast.net

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Phil,I don't have an specific suggests for PHL, but I recommend you read "The Complete Guide to Flight Instruction" by Gregory Penglis. It contains a lot of good information from earning a private pilot certificate through CFI.When choosing a place to fly, consider the number and quality of training aircraft available. The planes should look well cared for and be well maintained.As for choosing an instructor, interview them and talk to current or former students to see if their approach will work for you. You'll be spending a lot of time with your instructor in cramped quarters and under stressful conditions. So if you start with an instructor and you don't hit it off, don't be afraid to switch. Remember that you're the customer.Good instructors work from some sort of lesson plan. They brief you on the ground before flying and tell you what the lesson goals are. They give you feedback on what you did right as well as what you did wrong. After the first few hours, a good instructor lets you fly the plane and keeps his or her hands off the controls most of the time.Good luck in earning your CFI and remember the old adage: "The way to make a small fortune in aviation is to start with a large fortune." ;-)John