Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest gwi

flying a VORDME approach in A319?

Hi all:I've recently started using PSS's A319 (FS9, XP Pro). It's absolutely first rate, once you get your head 'round the very different flying philosophy of the Airbus.Without a flightplan in the MCDU, I can do an ILS approach with no problem. But how do I set up a VORD approach? I've tried entering the VOR freq and inbound course on the RADIO NAV page, then using the APP or LOC button, but the A/P won't capture the radial. Help appreciated.George [EGKA]

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,Here some explanations in GermanTo be short: LOC mode is not appropriate for VOR/DME approaches. Look in the PSS manual part 5 page 35.You can define the waypoints and constraints as fixes based on the VOR, radial and distance in your flightplan and you should switch to FPA/TRK mode. Or you fly it manually. Details to NPAs can be found here.RgdsReinhard

Reinhart:That's great. I'll try it and get back to you if I have trouble.Best/George

Hi,Here some explanations in GermanTo be short: LOC mode is not appropriate for VOR/DME approaches. Look in the PSS manual part 5 page 35.You can define the waypoints and constraints as fixes based on the VOR, radial and distance in your flightplan and you should switch to FPA/TRK mode. Or you fly it manually. Details to NPAs can be found here.RgdsReinhard