Sign in to follow this  
Guest gwi

flying a VORDME approach in A319?

Guest gwi

Hi all:I've recently started using PSS's A319 (FS9, XP Pro). It's absolutely first rate, once you get your head 'round the very different flying philosophy of the Airbus.Without a flightplan in the MCDU, I can do an ILS approach with no problem. But how do I set up a VORD approach? I've tried entering the VOR freq and inbound course on the RADIO NAV page, then using the APP or LOC button, but the A/P won't capture the radial. Help appreciated.George [EGKA]

Hi,Here some explanations in GermanTo be short: LOC mode is not appropriate for VOR/DME approaches. Look in the PSS manual part 5 page 35.You can define the waypoints and constraints as fixes based on the VOR, radial and distance in your flightplan and you should switch to FPA/TRK mode. Or you fly it manually. Details to NPAs can be found here.RgdsReinhard

Guest gwi

Reinhart:That's great. I'll try it and get back to you if I have trouble.Best/George

Hi,Here some explanations in GermanTo be short: LOC mode is not appropriate for VOR/DME approaches. Look in the PSS manual part 5 page 35.You can define the waypoints and constraints as fixes based on the VOR, radial and distance in your flightplan and you should switch to FPA/TRK mode. Or you fly it manually. Details to NPAs can be found here.RgdsReinhard

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.