Sign in to follow this  
ymh1300

FS2004 and WINDOWS 7

I am having problems with different add on sceneries. It is both with freeware and also commercial sceneries.I install a scenery, usually installs in the add on scenery folder or aerosoft folders whithin FS9.I opened the scenery library, add area... and it adds fine, I can see the top entry being the scenery I just added. I got out of the scenery library menu out of FS9 , thhen back in to FS9 and test the scenery. Everything is ok. Then I go out of FS9 again, back into and the scenery I added before is no longer in the scenery library and it opens the default FS9 airport.I have tried numerous time with the same results.Does anybody has any idea what is wrong?ThanksJGD

Just to bring closure to this topic. I have seen that over 40 people have seen my posting and I had no replies. I guess I was confusing when I explained the issue I was havingTo simplify it:I add commercial sceneries I had from aerosoft, simwings, lago etc.In some they are automatically added to the scenery database by the installer.In others I had to manually add the scenery.In those manually installed sceneries, I could use the scenery once after restarting FS.So far so good.Once I opened FS for the third time, some of those sceneries were no longer showing in the sceney database screen, and it defaulted back to the FS sceneryI try to establish a pattern to understand what was causing it, It was totally random.Since all of those sceneries were functioning perfectly under XP and later Vista. I used the compatibility tab in windows to open FS9exe as XP serv pack 3.And that completely resolve the issue.Thanks for your interest, and I hope this could help another poor soul moving to Windows 7.

Guest eccles

My problem is this. I just bought a Dell Aspiron 1470 Laptop with Win 7. I have had FS9 running on my Desktop with Win XP Pro with very few problems with the addons. both scenery and aicraft. With the Dell FS9 will accept only scenery and aircraft with auto installers. When I download stuff that requires copying the sceney file to addon scenery, I can do that then run the Sim and go to the "settings - scenery library" and go through the usual procedure, on restarting FS9 and going to the new addon, there has been no update. e.g. I use RAF Scampton as my home base. It is absolutely disgusting in the default FS9 version: one runway and a control tower. I tried to add John Young's excellent Scampton and no update appears.I have the same problem with addon aircraft. Only those with installers work. I just got the Aeroplane Heaven Spitfire collection all with auto installers. Works like a charm. Aircraft without installers do no show up at all. Would this happen with Win 7 on any computer, or is it a problem with this Dell.