Sign in to follow this  
Frode_Skibrek

Paint Request

Gracefully PMDG has enclosed a SAS-livery with their MD-11. Unfortunately it is as old as h***.I wish for a new and updated scheme of the livery SAS utilizes today. Can anybody help me? It is suppose toexist one at AVSIM, but "the file you are looking for does not exist", due to the hack they had last year. Anybody has that paint, or are willing to make a brand new one? It will be fictional since SAS as i recall never has operated MD-11s...

Yu mean the red engines and blue tail livery? Why not use the DC-10 livery? SAS had DC-10 once... I personally like that more than the present livery

Hi ?I did do a version of this particular colour scheme some time ago, the download link should be in this forum somewhere, but if this is the version you were after and would like to take her for a spin to see if it is what you expected, then here is the download link for the files..http://www.filefront.com/17255025/MD-11_SAS_02.zip/Take care, and have fun.Jim Hodkinson

Seems to be some kind of error with your paint,Jim.... Got no paint at all when i added and choose it.... and it has been done exactly correct.....

Hi As I have just reinstalled everything due to a new build this post was handy as it reminded me to reinstall my repaints, so in order to follow my own installation instructions I download the repaint and used the included files but I did notice an error in the installation instructions (due to being lazy I had copied then from the PMDG74X instructions) so where the instructions state… Add the Texture.SAS folder to your PMDG747-400 folder. ...[drive]:\Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes/PMDG_MD11/ It should read.. Add the Texture.SAS folder to your PMDG_MD11 folder. ...[drive]:\Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\ As you can see the path is correct just the reference to the 74X at the start, if this is the cause of your problem I am really sorry about this, and I promise to take more care on the next one. Other than the above error I had no issue with the installation or with the scheme showing in FSX itself, could you recheck your aircraft.cfg file for the correct entry which should be… [fltsim.XX]title=PMDG MD-11 SASsim=MD-11model=GEbpanel=sound=GEtexture=SASkb_checklists=atc_id_color=0xffffffffatc_id=LN-RPBatc_airline=Scandinavianatc_flight_number=1121ui_manufacturer=McDonnell Douglasui_type=MD-11 GEui_variation=SASui_typerole=MD-11 GEui_createdby=PMDGdescription=McDonnell Douglas MD-11\nPMDG\nwww.precisionmanuals.com \nProduced under license from Boeing Management Copmany.\nBoeing MD-11, McDonnell Douglas MD-11, MD-11, McDonnell Douglas & Boeing are among the trademarks owned by Boeing.PMDG Developer and Customer Forum available at our website. \nSounds Developed by PMDG \nThank you for supporting PMDG!\nvisual_damage=0atc_heavy=1atc_parking_types=GATE, RAMP Don’t forget to replace in the above the [fltsim.XX] entry with the next available number And don’t worry to much as I am sure it's an issue that can be resolved easily enough, and between us we will get her in the air. Let me know how you get on or if you still have the same issue. Jim Hodkinson

Hi Let me see what I can get together for you. Back as soon as I can. Jim H

Hi again Well I managed to convert the texture set and get them checked out (I don’t have the FS9 version), and I am assured that they are working, so if you would like to take her for a spin then here is the download link for the files.. http://www.mediafire...6zc6a7v68fjs3ca if anything does need changing or updating I will be able to get to it but as I have to get textures tested out by someone else, then it could take longer than usual, I hope you understand. Take care, and have fun. Jim Hodkinson EDIT Sorry about the screen shot quality, but I didn’t take it so I have no idea why it looks so jagged.