Sign in to follow this  
jjf

Sidewinder FF2 + FS9 freezes

Hi,I was just wondering if anyone knows whether a MS Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 joystick could possible cause FS9 to freeze? This is the problem I have - I have a brand new custom-built i7-920 (OC to 3.4Ghz) which should (and does) run FS9 and FSX like a dream, set up according to NickN's guide. Except that FS9 is prone to occasional random freezes or lockups, where the sim freezes and can only be recovered by using task manager to end the program. I have tried disabling the various high-end addons such as UT but I still get the problem. The OS is XP64, FS9.exe has been made large-address aware. I noticed that the only drivers available for the joystick are from the W98 days, I know that XP contains drivers for this joystick though. The thing is I used to get this exact same problem on my previous PC which was an E6500 using Vista and then W7. The only piece of hardware that hasn't changed is my slightly elderly FF2 joystick. I have performed memory tests and burn-ins so am fairly confident of the hardware at this point, no OC apart from the CPU. Could the joystick be the cause of the freezes? I have no way to test as I don't have a spare stick laying around.Any ideas would be welcomed.Jonathan

Guest soledadssl

I have been using Kaspersky since a couple of years so I know that my computer freezes a little bit when I try to run a new .exe file. However, this time it freezes for a lot longer time and I finally have to force restart my computer for doing any work.