Sign in to follow this  
Guest YVR

My experience with a ATI 5770 and FS9

I don’t follow you; the screens were taken to show what can be accomplished in FS9 by combining UT USA, Canada, Alaska, GE Pro II and REX FS2004. I just used the 5870 when I took them and as the screen shots show there’s certainly no problem running FS9 with a 5870.
The screens are, in my opinion, nothing more, nothing less than what GTX285 achieves. I think even, to compare those two cards, you would have to have same scenery and installation running side by side to possibly see any difference.I can only say, on my GTX285, I see no shimmering, same shots as you posted. Why FlyingBits ment, is that you zoomed out to the max, thus possibly "hiding" some misachievements of the card. Also a high zoomout factor distorts a picture, thus making things appear longer as they move to the edge of the screen. A zoomfactor of 1.0 shows best what a card can achieve, IMHO.

Guest djt01
The screens are, in my opinion, nothing more, nothing less than what GTX285 achieves.
Image quality yes, performance no, I