Sign in to follow this  

C185F higher pilot chair

Somewhere in another topic I talked about the default view in the C185F being a bit low: it's lower than in the C182RG while this is a taildragger too, so I wanted it to be a little bit higher. And since I use TrackIR the Shift-Enter combo does nothing for me. After fooling around with some cfg's I found an easy way to get this done. And because I can't find the topic anymore where this was discussed, I'll post it here.Creating a new default view was a bit too hard for me, so instead I added a view to the C185F. With this edit you only have to press A once when you have loaded the plane, and you will get the default view but then a little bit higher! All other C185F-views you get with A are placed after this new one, so nothing is lost.Make a backup of the C185F aircraft.cfg and then replace the three camera definitions with the following four. NOTE: do NOT replace the [CameraDefinition.0] up to [CameraDefinition.6] (so with a single digit after the dot) but ONLY the three after those, that have two zero's before the number, like [CameraDefinition.001]![CameraDefinition.001]Title = Virtual Cockpit higherGuid = {195EAB58-9E4A-1E2A-A34C-A8D9D948F078}Description = This is the description of the virtual cockpit view.Origin = Virtual CockpitMomentumEffect = YesSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = NoneShowAxis = YESAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 0.6SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ZoomPanScalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CockpitPitchPanRate=30HeadingPanRate=75PanAcceleratorTime=0HotKeySelect=1InitialXyz=0, 0.02, 0InitialPbh=0, 0, 0[CameraDefinition.002]Title = "Right Seat"Guid = {195EAB58-9E4A-2E2A-A34C-A8D9D948F078}Origin = Virtual CockpitMomentumEffect = YesSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = NoneShowAxis = YESAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 0.45SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ZoomPanScalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CockpitPitchPanRate=20HeadingPanRate=60InitialXyz=0.50, 0, 0InitialPbh=8, 0, 325[CameraDefinition.003]Title = "Radio Stack"Guid = {195EAB58-9E4A-3E2A-A34C-A8D9D948F078}Origin = Virtual CockpitMomentumEffect = NoSnapPbhAdjust = NoneSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = NonePanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 0.45SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ZoomPanScalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CockpitPitchPanRate=20HeadingPanRate=60InitialXyz=0.2, -0.20, 0.05InitialPbh=10, 0, 0[CameraDefinition.004]Title = "Trim, Fuel tank & Flap"Guid = {195EAB58-9E4A-4E2A-A34C-A8D9D948F078}Origin = Virtual CockpitMomentumEffect = NoSnapPbhAdjust = NoneSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = NonePanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = NoneShowAxis = FALSEAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 0.45SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ZoomPanScalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CockpitPitchPanRate=20HeadingPanRate=60InitialXyz=0.27, -0.25, 0.11InitialPbh=64, 0.0, 0.0P.S. If you saved a (default) flight with the C185F, you probably have to switch to another plane and back to the C185F again to reset the initial viewpoints, otherwise the 'higher VC' might have the zoom of the old second view (which is now the third view). If you know what I mean... :( You might also want to save that flight after that, otherwise you have to do this everytime. If you don't like the new height, you have to experiment with the following entry in the new [CameraDefinition.001]:InitialXyz=0, 0.02, 0Change the second number (0.02) and see what happens! Keep the changes small otherwise you end up in places where no pilot has ever been.