Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Menno

Armi Project - VTBS 2009 two major probs

Hello all,A lot has been written on VTBS but i did not find anything on my 2 probs. If I missed something and the solutions are already given, I do appologise :( I've recently installed the Armi Project VTBS 2009 pack. Scenery is near perfect to the real situation at BKK. SID's/STAR's are exactly as in RL aviation( I know this due to contacts at my job which brings me in contact with Cpt./Fo so I can get my hands on RL flightplans with notes from them on actual ATC aproaches)Now my problems are these:Flying PSS-777 : On final aproach Rwy 19R the allignment with 19R is about 2000ft off centre. (other runways alignment is spot on)Flying PMDG 747/737: On final aproach Rwy 19R. FS results in a complete CTD(Crash to Desktop) once aligned to Rwy 19R. (Other runways no prob at all and smooth landings)Does anyone recognise the above? And perhaps have the solution to fix those? So landing on Rwy 19R will be possible?A search specified on Armi Project VTBS via Google came up negative on solutions so my only option left is to ask you people...the experts :(

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Menno,I don't have your payware version of VTBS but I'm using the freeware version from www.thaiflight.com and this causes no problems. However, your specific problem sounds as though they are caused either by a duplicate Afcad file, a corrupt one or one with errors. Checking the afcad file concerned, especially if Rwy 19R/1L has single correctly named start locations at both ends, should be your first line of attack. And while you're at it, also check the other Afcad start locations and run the Afcad fault finder option. Some addon airports have multiple helicopter pad start locations and if found, I would suggest that you remove them just to be sure because one or more of them could be incorrectly named.You should have only one addon Afcad file (no stock Afcad) because VTBS did not previously exist in standard FS9.Hope this helps.Hans

Hello Hans,Thnxs for the quick reply.I've tried that freeware package but still the same probs :( However.....Ive stumbled across a VTBS package from siamavsim.com. This one causes no probs and just now a smooth landing on Rwy. 19R :( They took the ARMI project payware package, got rid of all the bugs and even enhanced it a little and... it's freeHappy landings!