Sign in to follow this  
Guest TerryT

Nvidia Geforce 3 Ti200 For Sale

I recently upgraded my DELL 8200 (which I bought with an OEM version of the NVidia GF3 64MB Ti200 in October 2001) with a new GF4 4600. I am selling the original GF3.For your information, I have overclocked the Ti200, although very little. I added about 25 MHz each to the memory and core clocks using NVMax. I have been "flying" using these settings for several months and have not had any problems with the card. I saw a modest performance boost and kept it there.The card itself is a NVidia branded OEM Card. Memory chips have "EliteMT" printed on them (for what that's worth). Card is cooled with a large heat sink but no independent fan. I am considering selling the card on EBay, but thought I'd offer it to our Flight Sim "community" first. If you're interested, please send me an email as I do not wish to create a "bidding" war online here. I'll collect offers this week, although please note that I am taking a week's vacation from Friday 5/24 through 6/3. During that time I will not have access to email or this forum. Hope this card finds a new appreciative owner soon. -DK----Fly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Guest TerryT

DK, I have a GF3 Ti 500 running the Nvdia 28.32s and would be interested to hear how the new GF4 4600 compares to your old card. I have a AMD XP 1800+ , 768 of PC 2100 DDR, and Wn XP Home.Terry

There is a modest improvement overall. However, I essentially bought the card to try to make improvement in high Poly areas in Fly!II, such as the NYC area, and in these areas the improvement was not worth the money invested in the card. That said, I'm trying to get DELL on the phone to see if maybe there's something else going on in my system. I have this feeling there is some background memory-hogging process that I can't seem to get rid of. Maybe DELL can help me solve it.-DK----Fly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Guest TerryT

Thanks for the info. I know it is a pain, but try and turn off all of the junk that MS makes us run in the backgound like Instant Messenger, your anti-virus(don't forget to restart it later), MS Word and so on. Since you have a name brand system, most likely there are Dell programs that are running too that could be shut down to conserve and or allow the CPU to put more resourses to the FS2002.Terry