Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

juvat

Changing Orientation FU3-Pro Challenge?

When ever I start this challenge my Mooney is pointing the wrong way on the parking spot at TIW (Tacoma Narrows). Do you folks know of a way I can edit the FU3-Pro challenge script to park the Mooney facing correctly?If I start a flight from TIW without the challenge, the Mooney is pointing correctly.I opened Fled, selected edit airport, TIW, and rotated the parking spot 180 using the courser keys, and didn't help when using the FU3-Pro challenge. So I figure it must be something in the script?Thank you's in advance,jimb

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I looked over Chalscrp.doc and Steffens FU3 Challenge Scripting .doc. I tried to save the orientation within the challenges "markers.dat" via quickflight, then opened the console, saveorientation bravo_rect fu3pro. I get an error message: "Challenge script error: Challenge fu3pro not found; create its directory first.(file line 0)". I checked in region/seattle/chalnges and the folder name is fu3pro.

I looked over Chalscrp.doc and Steffens FU3 Challenge Scripting .doc. I tried to save the orientation within the challenges "markers.dat" via quickflight, then opened the console, saveorientation bravo_rect fu3pro. I get an error message: "Challenge script error: Challenge fu3pro not found; create its directory first.(file line 0)". I checked in region/seattle/chalnges and the folder name is fu3pro.
Hi Jim. I'd forget about markers.dat - I've examined this myself and it's a typical last-minute LGS bodge.However, you should be able to set the aircraft's orientation in the script iself, as per my previous post on the subjecthttp://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=268881Try commenting out (//) the line that references the markers.dat file for the plane's orientation and replace it with your own command: Set orientation of plane to X Y ZI think the X Y Z values have to be between 0 and 65536, with 65536 indicating 'due north' at 360 degrees.From memory, I think there's some duplication between the AutoPos and AutoCord sections of the markers.dat file, so you might find that one of the three orientation values will change the plane's initial altitude!RegardsJonathan S.