Sign in to follow this  
Guest wizard01

When is FS2004 being released in UK?

HiDoes anyone have a date of when FS2004 will be available in the UK?CheersWill

Guest GaryB

It already has been released by some outlets (Play247). I believe the official UK release is August 1st....Gary

The big banner in PC World @ Colchester says August 1st. Some of already have it though! :( :)[strong]Adam Nardone[/strong] Web & Graphic Design www.ion-media.net [/p]

Guest danowat

Hi,COLCHESTER!!!!!, Sheesh that brings back some memorys!!!!!.Gameplay are shipping FS2004 on the 1st, BUT they usually ship a couple of days earlier, so I expect mine tomorrow or thursday.Dan.

Got my copy on Sunday last in Ireland. Its shipping from Microsoft in DublinThe weather effects are Awesome. The runway, apron and taxi texture and signage are excellect. Pity that microsoft did not juice up the panels for the 737/747/777 still the same old rubbish there. The ATC system is better with multiple approaches available ILS/VOR:DME/Visual. The water and sea effects are very very good. (took a flight in a R22 last night and you could swear you were over the ocean waves). Land Textures are similar to FS2002 just some additional scenery like Power Cable Towers, more buildings etc.The problem for me is the add-on saga. 767PIC looks like it will not be FS2004'd which is a shame. PSS are looking to patch the Airbus series (not 747 and 777)but it may take a while. Dreamfleet 737 looks like its not going to be supported. Flight 1 seem to be the best so far for committing to free upgrades.If these guys start producing new products and charge full price to those of us who have forked out 100's if not 1000's of Euros and Dollars in the past it will certainly turn me off buying commercial add-ons. If you pay your 29.99 you should get upgraded products for free or at the very least a nominal charge of $5.So is it worth buying. If you are just starting out absolutely.If you have FS2002 with a myriad of add-ons and do on-line flying the extras are expensive.I am running both at the moment. Flying online with VATSIM using FS2002 and the realistic panels from PIC767/PSS and DF737Flying offline with FS2004 to enjoy the new WX effects mainly.Rgds and whatever you choose, see you in the VSKYS someday.Hooch

The reason the DF 737 (and probably the PSS 747/777 and 767PIC) are not being supported is that they were originally designed for FS2k, and then patched for FS2k2. It would take a major recoding to make these work in FS2k4. Dreamfleet has plans for the 737, however, and these will be unveiled in a few days time.

"The reason the DF 737 (and probably the PSS 747/777 and 767PIC) are not being supported is that they were originally designed for FS2k, and then patched for FS2k2. It would take a major recoding to make these work in FS2k4"Thats very true, and that's why we need something new and up-to-date, just hold onto your seats you won't have long to wait ;)I'm debating on buying FS2004 from GAME, it might be worth giving them a call to find out when they plan to sell it.Cheers

Guest wizard01

Hi Will,Already 'phoned' Game at Taunton - they say on Sale Friday 1st August; stocks will arrive there Thursday afternnon.KenSomerset, England"Anything is Possible"