Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GAJ52

Fatal Error when Pressing Enable

I have downloaded the Vista (non voice) version of VoxATC to try it out before buying it, but I'm having a problen when pressing the 'Enable' button. I am using Windows 7 Pro x64, installation was fine and I installed a voxatc gauge in the Carenado 182RG. I loaded the demo flight VFR Kansas City and then changed aircraft to the 182RG, the voxatc window appeared and I pressed 'Enable' but it said "Fatal Error disable voxatc".The voxatc support guy sent me a tool to extract the fault log, he said something is wrong with 'simconnect' but I have two other programs on the computer ASA and Plan-G that connect to FSX with no problems using simconnect ? I have included a portion of the fault log, can anyone give me an idea what might be wrong please.Many thanksGlenLog Start 16/02/2010 12:29:59Log Start 01/01/2009 00:21:47Unable to load DLL 'SimCon': The referenced assembly is not installed on your system. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B3) at com.intworkings.voxatc.FSUIPCInt.Initialize() at com.intworkings.voxatc.FSUIPCInt.Init() at VoxATCServer.VoxATCServer.InitVoxAtc()Log Start 01/01/2009 00:21:57Unable to load DLL 'SimCon': The referenced assembly is not installed on your system. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B3) at com.intworkings.voxatc.FSUIPCInt.Initialize() at com.intworkings.voxatc.FSUIPCInt.Init() at VoxATCServer.VoxATCServer.InitVoxAtc()Log Start 01/01/2009 00:22:49Unable to load DLL 'SimCon': The referenced assembly is not installed on your system. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B3) at com.intworkings.voxatc.FSUIPCInt.Initialize() at com.intworkings.voxatc.FSUIPCInt.Init() at VoxATCServer.VoxATCServer.InitVoxAtc()Log Start 16/02/2010 18:56:09Unable to load DLL 'SimCon': The referenced assembly is not installed on your system. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B3) at com.intworkings.voxatc.FSUIPCInt.Initialize() at com.intworkings.voxatc.FSUIPCInt.Init() at VoxATCServer.VoxATCServer.InitVoxAtc()Log Start 16/02/2010 19:06:54Unable to load DLL 'SimCon': The referenced assembly is not installed on your system. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B3) at com.intworkings.voxatc.FSUIPCInt.Initialize() at com.intworkings.voxatc.FSUIPCInt.Init() at VoxATCServer.VoxATCServer.InitVoxAtc()Log Start 16/02/2010 19:06:58Unable to load DLL 'SimCon': The referenced assembly is not installed on your system. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B3) at com.intworkings.voxatc.FSUIPCInt.Initialize() at com.intworkings.voxatc.FSUIPCInt.Init() at VoxATCServer.VoxATCServer.InitVoxAtc()

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I think I may have found an answer to this problem.I had a problem with ASA and from a forum was recommended to delete the simconnect.dll folder from C:\Windows\winsys and reinstall it using FSX Repair. This did not reinstall the simconnect.dll folder, so I tried the installer from SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX RTM, this also would not reinstall the .dll After installing SP1 and SP2 I noticed two simconnect.dll folders in the winsys folder, so assumed any addon would use the SP2 simconnect.dll (61259). ASA and Plan-G work fine but its possible VoxATC is looking for the REM simconnect.dll that I cannot reinstall - still don't understand why this file won't install !!If anyone has an answer I'm all ears :( Glen