Sign in to follow this  
irish3

Northern Europe Triangle

I am about at my wits ends and would appreciate any suggestions to this weird problem.The short version is...I am experiencing CTD's in the Northern hemisphere, ie, Dublin, Belfast, East and West Cost of the U.K.For example, depart EGAA to EGPH, get airborne, turn right to 060, then to 085, at 7K...CTD! Same thing if I head towards heading 125, with a left hand turn. All within 7 miles of EGAA.Another time I departed EHAM for EIDW...as soon as I got to the East cost of the U.K. bearing 185 I believe, I had a CTD. Tried a reverse route and a one when I reached the West costof U.K.Seems like there is an invisible wall around all the areas described.FS9, FSgenesis, (which I reemoved and reinstalled for that area), no active sky, Flight Environment, FSUIPC latest ver.I have no probelms flying anywhere else. I have added some RAF (scenery) Bases over the past few weeks, but always check them out with a quick hop.See, the Bermuda Triangle does exist, only it's moved to the North... :( Neil

I am about at my wits ends and would appreciate any suggestions to this weird problem.The short version is...I am experiencing CTD's in the Northern hemisphere, ie, Dublin, Belfast, East and West Cost of the U.K.For example, depart EGAA to EGPH, get airborne, turn right to 060, then to 085, at 7K...CTD! Same thing if I head towards heading 125, with a left hand turn. All within 7 miles of EGAA.Another time I departed EHAM for EIDW...as soon as I got to the East cost of the U.K. bearing 185 I believe, I had a CTD. Tried a reverse route and a one when I reached the West costof U.K.Seems like there is an invisible wall around all the areas described.FS9, FSgenesis, (which I reemoved and reinstalled for that area), no active sky, Flight Environment, FSUIPC latest ver.I have no probelms flying anywhere else. I have added some RAF (scenery) Bases over the past few weeks, but always check them out with a quick hop.See, the Bermuda Triangle does exist, only it's moved to the North... :( Neil
Hi Neil,Yes I would agree with Geddy - bad AFCAD is frequently a cause. Certainly it is what I look for first when this happens and often you will find that there is some airport somewhere in the area where you have the CTD with duplicate or conflicting AFCAD files, usually as a result of extra AFCAD files coming with addon airport scenery. Under these circumstances just delete or move whichever AFCAD file seems less appropriate for the airport in question and try again. I don't think the stock AFCAD files usually cause this conflict however, although I may be wrong in assuming this, but I have never had to delete or move these to resolve the problem. In the past I have had this as a cause of CTDs in various parts of the world and usually the problem can be traced to AFCAD although I have also had in with a conflicting terrain mesh file (in Japan!).Hope this might help,Bill

Thanks guys....AFCAD's had not crossed my mind as of yet, however the EGAA scenery is new (Belfast Extreme) and I may have overlooked a special tweekin the readme files concerning AFCAD's.Appreciate the insight!!Neil

Got the program, but am not anywhere a genius when it comes to AFCAD's.How do I know which ones are dups, or un-necessary files.Attached 2 jpegs ThanksNeil

Got the program, but am not anywhere a genius when it comes to AFCAD's.How do I know which ones are dups, or un-necessary files.Attached 2 jpegs ThanksNeil
Hi again Neil!I guess you want to keep AFCAD files compatible with your UK2000 scenery for EGAA and IFSD scenery for EIDW, so move the F1UT AFCADS for both of these to a backup folder outside of fs9. Ultimate Traffic AFCADS are frequently the problem when there is other addon scenery in my experience. The AF2_EGAA.bgl is the stock AFCAD for EGAA so I don't think you need to do anything with that. However you don't seem to have a stock AFCAD for EIDW and I am not sure where the EIDW4vfh.bgl AFCAD originates from - it doestn't seem to be the Eiresim EIDW AFCAD file, which I have - did you ever install any other EIDW scenery? Don't worry, I was/am no genius either when it comes to AFCAD files but I learned the hard way! Possibly other addon airports along the UK east coast are also causing similar problems when you approach it from EHAM.Bill

Thanks Bill,This will give me something to get started with. As far as EIDW, I got all my stuff from years ago when it was thru IFSD. Am pretty sure I may have placed an updateto it at one time or another.So, esssentially if I see any FU1T file I should remove and placed it in a backup folder.Cheers,Neil

Thanks Bill,This will give me something to get started with. As far as EIDW, I got all my stuff from years ago when it was thru IFSD. Am pretty sure I may have placed an updateto it at one time or another.So, esssentially if I see any FU1T file I should remove and placed it in a backup folder.Cheers,Neil
You're welcome Neil!Yes, remove F1UT files but only if there is another addon (not stock) AFCAD file for that airport. F1UT basically provides AFCAD information based on the default airports, so F1UT AFCAD files should not cause any problems such as CTDs where they are only used with a default airport. However if you add new airport scenery from any manufacturer, then you probably need to remove the F1UT AFCAD file for that airport, as usually the manufacturer will have bundled a new AFCAD file specific to his scenery in the product.If the CTDs persist in the Dublin area it might also be worth trying to remove that EIDW4vfh.bgl file as it could be causing a problem too.Bill

Just completed a uneventfull flight from EGAA to EGKK :( Appreciate all your input Bill. At least I am learning something new, which always helps.Will remove (and save ) the EIDW BLG file as you suggested. Must do a search and find the proper one later this afternooon.Thanks again !!Neil

Just completed a uneventfull flight from EGAA to EGKK :( Appreciate all your input Bill. At least I am learning something new, which always helps.Will remove (and save ) the EIDW BLG file as you suggested. Must do a search and find the proper one later this afternooon.Thanks again !!Neil
Happy to have been of some help - I learned about AFCAD files the hard way too! By the way if you fly into EIDW a lot, the new Eiresim addon is not bad - a significant improvement on IFSD, although not in the league of UK Extreme, Cloud9, Fly Tampa or Aerosoft Mega Airports scenery. However I think this is probably the best EIDW we are going to have for fs9 unless any of these manufacturers take it on.Bill