Sign in to follow this  
1mikel151

First impression of FS2004 - WOO HOO!!

LOL, I am thrilled with this sim!!! I had all kinds of worries and fears from reading all the problems here and other forums, but I also read the good ones as well. just like FS2002 it acts differently on every machine.I have always had good luck with FS2002 performance on my Athlon 1.4 gaming machine, but it is in the shop, so I loaded FS2004 into my internet one, Athlon 1 gig, 1 gig 2100 DDR, Radeon 7200 64 mb card, cat 3.2 drivers, XP pro, just to see how it did.Loaded a flight out of TNCM, default weather, in the Lear, ALL sliders maxed (how I fly FS2002, no other way) AA checked in game, frames locked at 20, left the counter off and it was very flyable!!! when I did check the FPS they stayed between 15-20 on final to TJIG, I am very impressed, I expected a slideshow.I must say that I am impressed with the sim itself, the handling and feel is nice, love the sky color, the world seems more bright and colorful.I fly the Caribbean a bit and the enhacements alone to the St Maarten area warrant the price of a very good addon. My VA has an FBO in Juneau Alaska, I loaded up PAJN, that area is totally new now!! Awesome!! Granted there are still problems, water climbing walls, mesh, etc, but in my mind it is a big jump over FS2002 and I am very pleased! Hope you guys that haven't tried it yet have as good of an experience I have had on the first flight!!Cheers, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW