Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tamadeez

Are there any specific steps in changing the card for FSX?

Guest Tamadeez

Hey all I have one question that nags me. I currently have 8800gt but I feel it is holding my processor back (as seen below) and I want to upgrade to GTX260. I really was just wondering the process involved in switching video cards. Like I heard the FSX.CFG had to be changed. Or must a full FSX reinstall occur. Thanks

All you need to do is fully uninstall the driver (I would remove it through the control panel, then run Guru3D Driver Sweeper). Shut down the PC, install the new card, install the latest driver, get it all configured with nHancer etc, and then yeah, delete your FSX.cfg and have it rebuild it.The reason you uninstall the driver even though you already have an Nvidia card is to make sure all the display entries in the registry and whatnot get cleared out, otherwise the system is going to get left with the impression that there's two possible video cards you could have in there at any given time. It just makes more sense to me to clear everything out and start from scratch. Running Driver Sweeper essentially puts the system back to the state it was in when Windows was first installed, no driver at all installed.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com