Sign in to follow this  
Guest parxuk

Help with setting up SIDS/STARs Please

Guest parxuk

OK, i am being really stupid here but i just cant get VOXATC to see my flight plan and let me then ammend it to add sids/stars.I create a FP using FSX and save it (which it saves as a .PLN file). I then go to the VOX sid setup wizard, but it doesnt see the plan i have ceated because VOX is only looking for a .FLT file.What do i have to do to save the flight plan as .FLT so that VOX will recognize it?Thanks in advance for your help

I have not done this in a while so I am a bit rusty however the first thing I would say is that it is not the flight plan that you get VOXATC to modify it is actually the flight.This is what I do;I create a flight plan (I use FS Commander to create the SID/STARS enties within the flight plan) I then save the flight plan within the FSX directory. I then create a flight that uses that flight plan and I save that flight in FSX before using the VOXATC utility to modify it and effectively tell VOXATC that there is a SID/STAR involved. Finally I then reload the flight in FSX and off I go.As I said VOXATC needs to modify the saved flight - not the plan - however the flight plan does have to include the details to follow any given SID/STAR.I think I have got that right but I just can't check at the moment.Hopefully that makes sense.OldBadger

Guest parxuk

Thanks OBI have been busy all weekend but hope to get chance to do some flight simming and try this out tonight.TTFN