Sign in to follow this  
Guest DGlove

TileProxy on a Wireless Connection

Guest DGlove

I did not post this in my previous thread, as I felt that 1) It didn't really fit in there as well as it would in its own separate thread, and 2) I felt that it would get more attention here, and 3) It's a bigger refinement of my original question/problem.I need serious help with TileProxy right now. The program is great at loading scenery around the airport I'm taking off at, giving me crisp 1.1m/pixel resolution at a fast loading rate. However, as soon as I fly away from the runway, the dreaded error messages come into play! No more scenery loads, and it seems that the program is saying that it can't be downloaded from the server - each tile being requested says that it's been "timed out" and will eventually "give up!". After 10 minutes or so, my wireless connection crashes, and I have to close TileProxy altogether. This happens with every service offered in my proxyuser.ini file (I use one that I downloaded off of Ed Truthan's TP guide website), and not just one in particular. Various changes to the .ini file have so far failed, and now I come here for help.Has anybody else had this issue? I really want some beautiful photoscenery to fly over, and this is getting in my way!I looked at the TP user guide, and it said something about being "blacklisted" and having to change my IP or waiting for extensive periods of time. Even if I use 1 connection to the server, this still happens.Note: I fly over the San Francisco bay area mostly, which is indeed covered in 1.1m/pixel resolution for each of the services offered by my proxyuser.ini file.I was told in my last thread that this could be a data transfer problem, or that the servers have cut us TP users off from their service!Anyways,--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------AMD Athlon X64 4800+ dual core processor @ 2.8GHzATI Radeon HD 5750 3.5 GB RAM3.5 mbit/sec wireless broadband connection - normally lightning fast!I greatly value and appreciate any help/advice I can get.-Dan

Same thing here at the moment :(But I get extremely slow loading times when visiting the services on the web as well; they way intended. Wonder what's going on.I even get this when flying over a place I've been before and have the tiles for. I'm starting to wonder if this is a slowdown Microsoft may've added in an Windows update or something.I'm on Windows 7

Guest DGlove
Same thing here at the moment :( But I get extremely slow loading times when visiting the services on the web as well; they way intended. Wonder what's going on.I even get this when flying over a place I've been before and have the tiles for. I'm starting to wonder if this is a slowdown Microsoft may've added in an Windows update or something.I'm on Windows 7
Sorry to hear that Morten! It's a real pain, am I right?I'm trying a bunch of different tweaks later tonight invloving the proxyuser.ini file, and I'll post any helpful results here for you!One good side to post-concussion syndrome: it keeps me at home for long periods of time, where I can work for extended periods plugging away at TP trying to find a fix :( -Dan

Guest DGlove
Same thing here at the moment :( But I get extremely slow loading times when visiting the services on the web as well; they way intended. Wonder what's going on.I even get this when flying over a place I've been before and have the tiles for. I'm starting to wonder if this is a slowdown Microsoft may've added in an Windows update or something.I'm on Windows 7
Morten, I need to ask you a question. I may have a solution.Did you use Ed Truthan's pre-configured proxyuser.ini file as your own? If so, do you have mozilla firefox 4.0 installed on your computer?This is big, as I realized that firefox 4.0 was the browser specified by the config file as the browser that was to be used by the program (or at least as an alias for itself) to access the tile servers. I didn't realize that I did not have it installed on my computer, but instead, I noted that I have MSIE 7.0 (old, but works :( ) installed! I substituted that for the firefox on my config file under the [ useragent= ] section under service 3.Transfer errors = gone! :( B) B)

I only have Firefox 5 and IE 8.Anyway it seemes better now after I tweaked the balance settings. S Either I nade my own problems or for some reason it got better on it's own.Anyway glad you figured out your problem.