Sign in to follow this  
Guest ridz_yssy

Editing the Satellite

Guest ridz_yssy

Hey guys im new to the avsim forums some of you may know me from other forums some may not anyway glad to be apart of the avsim forums. I need a little help.. Ive been working on my YSSY scenery for a long time now and i have come to a point where i am stuck. I know how to place aerial images into flight sim and use gmax but what i don't know how to do is clean up the aerial images properly. I know how to use the clone tool etc but it just doesn't look right. I have studied other companies textures for their base aerial or satellite images and they look very professionally edited so that when they lay textures over them it looks crisp and nice. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction on how to achieve this? whats the secret in photoshop or paintshop to do this? any help would be appreciatedthanks looking forward to hear from you guys

What exactly do you mean by "clean up"?? Do you mean to blend it with the surrounding scenery or editing the colors, etc?

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest ridz_yssy

Well when i got the aerial images they have all aircraft and cars etc included in the picture , i got rid of them using the clone tool. Now i want to clean the picture like if you have seen fly tampas base aerial images they look crisp and clean nice base aerial textures so that when they apply textures over them it looks nice. They edit their aerial images by replacing the original tarmac with their textures then they lay high resolution textures over that base imagine in gmax. What i want to do is edit my aerial picture so that when i put a nice high res texture that is half transparent over it , it looks nice. Do you get where im coming from ? or was it a poor attempt at explaining =P

I think I see what you are saying. What you want to do is more in lines of doing 3D work, like in Gmax, using parts of the aerial and your own textures instead of just using the photoreal as a ground texture. If you are working towards a fly tampa style scenery, there are lots of things working, not just editing an aerial image. You might need to stat asking questions and looking thru the forums at FSDeveloper for this.

Best, Michael

KDFW