Sign in to follow this  
Guest timbotch

How do I get runway info from GPS

Hi, just got COF yesterday and loving it.Have one question. In fs2002 I would normally get runway info by pausing simming when selecting MAP from menus. I would point to the airport on the map and airport info is displayed including runway frequency and course for ILS. I've went through the GPS topic in fs2004, but, can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for. That is how do I find the course to set the course selector when on APP at a runway using GPS (500) say with 737 or Lear. The info in GPS only shows the ILS frequency for the runway but not the course value to set. I notice that if runway say 9 or 15 the course value is off by a couple of degrees, 89 or 156, respectively for the runways I mentioned. Is there any way of getting this info without having to go through MAP menu (game pauses)? Thanks in advance for any reponses.

bump.just wanted to add that I went through the documentation in the game and it doesn't tell me. how do I get ILS course heading info for a runway (in the wpt page airport info it only shows ILS frequency, but not runway course heading)?

Guest CargoMun

I would agree with you. Seems silly to leave that info out so one still needs to use the map. I also would like to be able to see the capture height for any ILS runways as well in the GPS.Wierd that MS tried to make a really realistic Garmin but yet left out these very simple things :-roll

Guest JeanLuc_

I don't know the "500" version features in the real world, but maybe it simply lacks this, compared to the 530 version you could fly with, and as found here:www.reality-xp.comHope this helps!

Guest timbotch

First select an approach, then go the the waypoints page (I really don't remember what button it is, but its the page that has all of your waypoints listed along with the RW), the last heading before the runway should give you the course for the runway, no? It has always worked for me.