Sign in to follow this  
Guest Terblanche

Geforce4 performance

I must say - the new Nvidia Geforce4 out performs the GeForce2 like a MiG27 fly past a Cessna172 !!:-8... I would like to know if you have any advice one the settings in your DISPLAY properties that should be on / off and what will make a difference in FS2002. I also noticed that the screen refresh rate makes a difference in FS2002. The problem with my monitor is that although it is a Panasonic 20" - I could install the XP driver for it with a refresh rate up to 120 but the moment I restart my computer it picks it up as a Plug-&-Play monitor with a max of 85 ... I also noticed the Antialiasing effects in the display properties have no effect in FS2002 - surely it should effect something. Any advice? The other weird thing that I did notice was that if I take the detail aircraft textures off, it not only has an effect on the aircraft textures but all the buildings and ground scenery too with a significant influence on the frame rates - the same with aircraft reflections that also turn water reflections on and off. I would like to know what are you comments on this.;-)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!