Sign in to follow this  
LAdamson

Mega Scenery

The new Mega Scenery makes the original FS2004 look like crud! They did a great job.

how true, i looked at the screens and ... man... what a shocker! HOWEVER, the thing that concerncs me the most is, what does it look like 800-1000' agl?? i doubt it would be that sharp, thats the problem i have with it, if that is the actual case.ciao!Brian S

Ciao!

>how true, i looked at the screens and ... man... what a>shocker! HOWEVER, the thing that concerncs me the most is,>what does it look like 800-1000' agl?? i doubt it would be>that sharp, thats the problem i have with it, if that is the>actual case.>>Based on the Boston Scenery, it will certainly be blurrier at lower altitudes. Not much worse than default, but probably won't have the auto-gen either. But I really liked the Boston Scenery & I'm sure I'll buy this set. I just have this thing for realistic photo/satillite graphics, even if it's a compromise to fly at a few thousand feet agl.While flying over the Boston scenery, it was back to default by the time you reached the airport & city high rises, which worked out okay.L.Adamson

Guest product

Hi,Is there a link to check this out? I'd heard they were releasing a southern CA Megascenery pack, but it sounds like the rest of the US is also being done in this series?Best,Joel

According to this it not only uses but improves on AutoGen.http://www.megascenery.com/faq.htmSorry for the delay but I didn't open a new window to get this link and it took me 10 min. just to get back and answer. Is it me or is this forum very slow? I do use a cable modem.Monty

Guest CargoMun

Looks absolutely amazing:http://www.megascenery.com/title-lax.htmAnd yeah this forum speed is killing my patience (AND my reload button).. why isnt everybody out playing FS2004 instead of hanging around here hogging speed lol :D

Hmmm ... this looks interesting. One of my favorite things about Flight Unlimited was being able to fly over that sattellite terrain.They do auto-gen, apparently, but I don't see any pictures of it in their gallery. I'm curious how it looks. I suspect they aren't showing the terrain at auto-gen level because of the lack of resolution down low.Another thing with satellite scenery is that it has the shadows that were in view when the pictures were taken. I wonder how this looks in the mountains when combined with the shadows that FS2004 generates when the sun is low (which I really like). Seems like it might look kind of strange if you have the static shadows on one side of the hill and the dynamic shadows on the other.If they come out with seattle-area scenery I might give it a look, but I'd be concerned about low-level VFR.

You make some good points. Another thought is, they don't mention seasonal affects. Do they just provide one daytime seasonal period? I know SoCal doesn't have hard winter and so forth, but there are seasonal differences.