Sign in to follow this  
Guest AAF

Fun flights in FS9? Share them!

Guest AAF

Hey, if you have anything fun in FS9, like a good flight for sight seeing, good routes, good scenery, or anything else, share them! I'm sure we'd all like to have some fun things to do in FS9.Here's something to get us started:Get 4 or 5 buddies, pick a route that's about 50 nm long, everyone get in de Havilland Comets, and have a multiplayer race. I just did this tonight with 4 other folks and it was really fun. Nobody was glitching around or anything! It was quite exhilirating- I was in first place the majority of the race, but right near the runway the second place flier dove to gain speed, and he overtook me as we flew over the finish point. I really recommend this to everybody, it is great fun! Even if you're on 56k give it a try; I had no major problems at all.Also, I would like to share a good route to try in the DC-3: 6S9->3WS. It's up in the mountains, and one of the best scenic flights I've had yet.So if you've got anything particularly fun, share it with us, we'd like to hear it! :-beerchug

Haven't got the sim yet (one more day and counting) but another thing I'm looking forward to is air racing. It was so popular in IL2 that for Forgotten Battles, C1:Maddox Games included racing pylons.Can you get wingtip smoke in FS2004?Are there any FS2002 racing pylon addons?Are there any dedicated FS racing web sites?Are there any float planes for FS2002/2004, ergo the Supermarine pre-Spitfire racing thingy (can't remember its name)?Bottle

If your even more adventuresome... get a player to be an observer - have them hover over a turning point to insure fair play. :) And no need for a special racing pylon... radio antennas, airport beacons, major buildings - all nice and valid checkpoints. Start the race from a parallel runway airport, preferably pointed in the direction of the first pylon so there is no turn radius advantage. Get some runway and climb strategy involved. Plus, by having a specific starting spot, you can also battle the clock.Observer guy can take a flight video and pass it along to the racers, should the competition warrent it.The use of stock planes and scenery (for now) is easiest, as "everyone" has it already.FS2004 stock real-world weather can also be used to add that environmental effect.Just some ideas...-Greg

Guest Frank Betts

I got to nosing around the menu's and in the "select flight" secion go to "Choose a category" and scroll down to "Short flights". You'll see some short flights hilighting each aircraft. They will start you right at the action. I like the Dc3 Short flight. It starts you out heading twards a small airport up in Alaska in a fierce snow storm.

I had a great flight yesterday testing out FL250 with the UA DC-10. Went from KLAX to KLAS to check out the desert scenery with real weather. A Thing I noticed about FS2004 is how real things look at high altitude, you really feel you're high up there, totally immersed. Descended to McCarren Intl and actually landed the DC-10 perfectly with ILS vectors to 25L (if i remember correctly). What I really enjoyed is seeing ATC clearing AI traffic on DIFFERENT runways. As I landed, just a few minutes later a 737 landed parallel to me on 25R, as ATC told me to halt my position on the taxiway before continuing to the terminal area. Love it!