Sign in to follow this  
jonss1948

747-8i

I was reading a comment that $US 24.95 was a little pricey for a repaint (a little unfair) and my considerations were in addition to that. First, I purchased with $AU (91.5c to the greenback) and I'm a Pensioner (with begging bowl). Second consideration was, should I forgo the purchase and put that meagre amount towards my next purchase, the MDII. Well, I bought it and could not be happier with the decision. It's not just a repaint. A fair amount of work has gone into the model and the wing is spectacular. Impressed also, with the new soundset. To the people at PMDG, keep up the great work. Any forward plans to tweak the 747-400 flight characteristics, the VC and the 2D cockpit in the future, to reflect more accurately this new Boeing model?Jon Shearer

Thanks Jon,No plans currently regarding future 747 stuff. I'd be surprised if we don't revisit it at some point in the future though ala what we're doing with the NG right now.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest EightSevenNorth
I'd be surprised if we don't revisit it at some point in the future though ala what we're doing with the NG right now.
Such a titillating snippet. I really hope PMDG do, but I cannot think of anything you could do to make ** better, with the exception of the J41-style detailed VC.

Such a titillating snippet. I really hope PMDG do, but I cannot think of anything you could do to make ** better, with the exception of the J41-style detailed VC.
To be more specific: I was thinking more along the lines of a 'modernisation' of the visuals in the cockpit. I'd be surprised if Boeing would be using the old babypoo brown (very '60's) in their new model. The flight characteristics? Well, with this new wing and 4 new power plants dangling from it, I would expect there to be some differences.Jon Shearer

Boein is still using Brown with the 747-8, Infact, the cockpits not really had many changes other than an EFB and a couple new goodies. The 747-8's flightdeck is nowhere near as intricate as the new 787. In otherwords, the flightdeck is for the most part, very similar.

To be more specific: I was thinking more along the lines of a 'modernisation' of the visuals in the cockpit. I'd be surprised if Boeing would be using the old babypoo brown (very '60's) in their new model. The flight characteristics? Well, with this new wing and 4 new power plants dangling from it, I would expect there to be some differences.Jon Shearer

Gawd! Havn't they heard of lipstick pink or even, beige? :( Jon Shearer

Yeah the -8 cockpit is like a cross between the 744 and the 777. I assume it's because they wanted common type with the 400. There's EFB screens like the 777 has and some minor differences to the formating of the PFD and ND and the FMS, that's it from what I understand.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com