Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flyingplastic

XML Gauge Questions

Hi, i just did a trial for XML gauge coding. So far, i only able to code this far:

<Gauge Name="Tes Output" Version="1.0">		<Text X="110" Y="10" Bright="Yes" Length="11" Font="Arial" Color="Red" Adjust="Center" VerticalAdjust="Center">			<String><Value>(A:Rudder Deflection, degrees)</Value></String>		</Text>		<Text X="110" Y="21" Bright="Yes" Length="11" Font="Arial" Color="White" Adjust="Center" VerticalAdjust="Center">			<String><Value>(A:Warning Fuel, bool)</Value></String>		</Text>		<Text X="110" Y="32" Bright="Yes" Length="11" Font="Gill Sans MT" Color="Blue" Adjust="Center" VerticalAdjust="Center">			<String><Value>(A:Velocity Body X, knots)</Value></String>		</Text>		<Text X="110" Y="43" Bright="Yes" Length="11" Font="Courier New" Color="Cyan" Adjust="Center" VerticalAdjust="Center">			<String><Value>(A:Velocity Body Y, knots)</Value></String>		</Text>		<Text X="110" Y="54" Bright="Yes" Length="11" Font="Arial Narrow" Color="Red" Adjust="Center" VerticalAdjust="Center">			<String><Value>(A:Velocity Body Z, knots)</Value></String>		</Text></Gauge>

But, when it is activated at FS9, it only shows blank (black) panel with no writings on it. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

Hi, i just did a trial for XML gauge coding. So far, i only able to code this far:
<Gauge Name="Tes Output" Version="1.0">		<Text X="110" Y="10" Bright="Yes" Length="11" Font="Arial" Color="Red" Adjust="Center" VerticalAdjust="Center">			<String><Value>(A:Rudder Deflection, degrees)</Value></String>		</Text>		<Text X="110" Y="21" Bright="Yes" Length="11" Font="Arial" Color="White" Adjust="Center" VerticalAdjust="Center">			<String><Value>(A:Warning Fuel, bool)</Value></String>		</Text>		<Text X="110" Y="32" Bright="Yes" Length="11" Font="Gill Sans MT" Color="Blue" Adjust="Center" VerticalAdjust="Center">			<String><Value>(A:Velocity Body X, knots)</Value></String>		</Text>		<Text X="110" Y="43" Bright="Yes" Length="11" Font="Courier New" Color="Cyan" Adjust="Center" VerticalAdjust="Center">			<String><Value>(A:Velocity Body Y, knots)</Value></String>		</Text>		<Text X="110" Y="54" Bright="Yes" Length="11" Font="Arial Narrow" Color="Red" Adjust="Center" VerticalAdjust="Center">			<String><Value>(A:Velocity Body Z, knots)</Value></String>		</Text></Gauge>

But, when it is activated at FS9, it only shows blank (black) panel with no writings on it. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

Too many errors in your code.here is a bit of code to show the nav1 radio freq. You can use this as a template to build the rest of your code. I suggest you read Nike Pikes tutorial on xml as that would provide you with a great deal of help. http://www.fs2x.com/Tutorials.htm**CODE SAMPLE***<Gauge Name="Tes Output" Version="1.0"><Element><Position X="320" Y="219" /><Text X="110" Y="10" Bright="Yes" Length="11" Font="Arial" Color="#7BAD10" Adjust="Center" VerticalAdjust="Center"> <String>%((A:Nav1 Active Frequency,Mhz))%!6.2f!% ----%{end}</String></Text></Element></Gauge>You have to adjust the position tag, X Y, to suit your project.Pay attention to the gauge layout and the A Var you are using, all this is covered on the site in various documents.<Gauge><Element><Position>etcgood luck,Douglas

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

34%
    $8,560.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now