Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rhodges

Secondary monitor undocked windows problem?

When I undock FS9 aircraft panel windows and move them to my secondary monitor, my primary monitor display (windowed primary panel) goes black, and a few seconds later I get the old FSMS error window telling me that FS9 must shut down, do I want to send MS an error report.I thought that this problem was unique to the Eaglesoft Version 1 Citation X, as it virtually happens every time I try with that aircraft. One by one, I also tried this progressively with every other of the many I have in FS9, and at that time had no problem with any other aircraft. However, over the past couple of weeks, I did see it happen only once with two other aircraft. Restarting my computer cured the problem with the other aircraft. That did not work with the ES Citation X after multiple attempts.I have tried reinstalling the Citation X with the wrapper, the newest NIVIDIA drivers, different monitor resolutions, disabled OCing back to default timing, and just about everything else of which I can think. All temperatures are well within limits. I also tried system recovery back to a date when I was not aware that this problem existed. I also tried different monitors. None of this removed the problemNo known new hardware or programs have been added or modified since a time when this problem did not existI have posted this on several FS9, and the Eaglesoft forums a couple of weeks or so ago, but have gotten no helpful response there as of yet. I thought possibly someone here might see this that had had a similar experience and knew the cause and hopefully a solution relative to hardware or software setup.Thanks:RTHPrimary System Specs:ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel ATX MotherboardIntel Core i7-975 Extreme Quad Core CPUScythe SY124010L CPU Fam6GB (3x2GB) 240 Pin DDR3 1600 OCZ3P1600LV6GK MemoryWinXP Pro 64 BitEVGA 01G-P3-1180-AR GeForce GTX 285 1GB 512 bigt DDR3 Video Graphics Card21

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

34%
    $8,560.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now