Sign in to follow this  
Guest sfgiants13

Advice Needed

Guest sfgiants13

I have seen some of the screenshots, and all I can say is wow. Now, I want something like that. I've seen realistic scenery, ground vehicles, and flightplans. I know how to get the flightplans, manually, or Ultimate traffic. Now for the question. I want freeware options first, but if you have some good payware, I'm willing to go in that direction as well. What are some good programs to add ground vehicles, and good scenery. I know scenery, just do a search, but what are some good payware options? For ground vehicles, could someone list a freeware, or if you have one, payware. I have FS2004, but most programs will work with it. And, should I do the flightplans manually, or use Ultimate Traffic? I want your guys opionions on this.

I hope I can help you a little. I've only had FS04 a few days, but so far I have been impressed with the scenery. I also have Ultimate Traffic for FS2002, a few addon aircraft, and Radar Contact 3.0. I particularly liked UA. It seems they have improved the AI traffic in FS04 but I am looking forward to installing UA in FS04. Unfortunately, I have learned that when you install too many addons, that's when you start having conflicts and problems with FS. What I recommend to you although not freeware, is FSGENESIS 32.8 textures as well as U.S. Landclass. There are 5 CD's in the terrain set and the landclass is a download, but they looked great in FS02, and are reasonably priced. I am told by Justin of FSGENESIS that the same textures will work in '04 with an updated loading patch for FS04. Pesonally I am still nervous about overloading my system since I am tweaking my FS04 configurations to give me the best performance, and I want to know where I stand regarding fps and performance limits before I add any addons. FS04 seems to need a little more horsepower to give the same results as FS02, at least it does on my machine, and the increased detail of the textures gave me a little hit in performance as to be expected in FS02, so I'm sure it will do the same in FS04. If you have a good system, give it a try. You will be impressed too. Find them at http://www.fsgenesis.net. Regards, Tom :-beerchug

Guest sfgiants13

Thanks, I'll check it out. Anyone else?