Sign in to follow this  
Guest jase439

Any way to get AA working in FS2004

Guest Andy_YXU

Is there anyway to get AA working with FS and not get a 4FPS while using 3d-clouds.I have a very good frame rate if I turn it off well it's lower in clouds but still good however not 4FPS as I get when AA is enabled?? It's normally 20 and above may drop to 12 inclouds maybe even 6FPS if they really hard, but normal clouds kill my putter if only AA is enabledorAny video cards that can support 4xAA and still one can play FS2004 with 10FPS at least?My sys info belowThanks

Read all the stuff in the top post (and others). Basically you'll save some FPS if you leave AA off within the sim but turn it on using your card's software. Not much, mind you. AA is a killer in FS2004, and yet it looks like FS5 with the shimmers you get without it ... OK, not quite, but I'm frustrated too.Long live FS2002! Now FS2006, where are you?Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest jase439

Part of the problem is that 4x sampling seems to be the only FSAA that works reliably under DirectX 9.0. I'd be happy if I could get 2x FSAA working without my system rebooting :) Actually, you *can* get it to work provided you run exclusively in windowed mode.It's still pretty rough on frames when you fly through overcast, though.Cranking up the aniostropic filtering (which for some reason is MUCH less costly in FS2004 than it was in FS2002) and fiddling with the mip mapping settings can help with the texture shimmer.