Sign in to follow this  
MrGreen

Strange Graphic issues

Hi, just reformated my computer yesterday to install vista 64 to get rid of the OOM's i was having with all pmdg aircrafts i own with the exception of js41.I haven't had a OOM yet so i think it is working but when flying the 747 i get a strange problem that i could get on the MD11 before when i was using a 32bit windows.If i alt-tab or change things in the controls, or open a window in fsx (like pmdg specific options or other things like that) the aircraft and all models disappear, not just the aircraft outer model but the 2d panel, VC, all views and all buildings, everything except for the ground texture disappears. If i alt tab, or alt-enter fsx and then do random things like alt tabbing/pressing esc, switch to fsx through the task manager i can get the problem to disappear for a while but if i alt-tab/alt-enter or make the screen go black (if i load a new window like checking time, seasons etc) the problem is back. Its not just the models and panels that disappear, the world has graphical issues aswell, it looks a little bit like when a program has frozen and you drag another window over it and the frozen window has its text/colour erased or made white.I have a screenshot of, what i think, is the same issue but even more strange: Some specs and details:FSX SP2 (no acceleration or Deluxe)Pretty clean installation as its only 1 day old but with GEX, UTX and REXComp:Intel Core 2 Duo 8500 3.16x24gb ramAti Radeon HD4870 1GB RAMCreative SB audio card. Thanks in advancePS: now the screen is pitch black (when inside fsx) and i cant seem to make it go back to normal whatever i doPPS: Forgot to say that i checked the task manager and although it said about 70% of the ram was used it also said that about 50MB was left, no idea what that means.

Hi, just reformated my computer yesterday to install vista 64 to get rid of the OOM's i was having with all pmdg aircrafts i own with the exception of js41.I haven't had a OOM yet so i think it is working but when flying the 747 i get a strange problem that i could get on the MD11 before when i was using a 32bit windows.If i alt-tab or change things in the controls, or open a window in fsx (like pmdg specific options or other things like that) the aircraft and all models disappear, not just the aircraft outer model but the 2d panel, VC, all views and all buildings, everything except for the ground texture disappears. If i alt tab, or alt-enter fsx and then do random things like alt tabbing/pressing esc, switch to fsx through the task manager i can get the problem to disappear for a while but if i alt-tab/alt-enter or make the screen go black (if i load a new window like checking time, seasons etc) the problem is back. Its not just the models and panels that disappear, the world has graphical issues aswell, it looks a little bit like when a program has frozen and you drag another window over it and the frozen window has its text/colour erased or made white.I have a screenshot of, what i think, is the same issue but even more strange: Some specs and details:FSX SP2 (no acceleration or Deluxe)Pretty clean installation as its only 1 day old but with GEX, UTX and REXComp:Intel Core 2 Duo 8500 3.16x24gb ramAti Radeon HD4870 1GB RAMCreative SB audio card. Thanks in advance
Your timing is impeccable, as this was only recently solved -- take a look at this... http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=281538You want the highmemfix=1 change to the FSX.cfg. You don't need to worry about the rest of the stuff in that write-up unless you're comfortable with tweaking.

Your timing is impeccable, as this was only recently solved -- take a look at this... http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=281538You want the highmemfix=1 change to the FSX.cfg. You don't need to worry about the rest of the stuff in that write-up unless you're comfortable with tweaking.
Wow that was some fast help! I read about this fix on Aerosoft, they said that they had made a small program or something of that sort, would that help me or should i just change the specific value in the FSX.cfg?