Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Used ATC in FS2004...Questions?

I really hate to admit it, but I used ATC for the 1st time in FS2004. I didn't use it much in 2002 because I just enjoyed flying VFR and IFR using the GPS and "direct to" button. I flew from KABE, Lehigh Valley (Allentown,Pa.) to Washington Dulles in the new Lear. I really had a successful flight in spite of myself. I used the new GPS, filed a flight plan, and used ATC. I requested a runway, 19R, and it took me right there with no waiting or delays. However, although ATC sets your comm. frequencies as you request, DOES IT ALSO SET ILS FREQUENCIES AUTOMATICALLY, OR DO YOU HAVE TO MANUALLY SET THESE YOURSELF? I set my Nav 1 as I neared Dulles, because it didn't seem to change. Is there something I need to do? I'm really starting to get the hang of these new GPS units, but I'm still far from proficient on them....too many pages and possibilities.I would appreciate your responses, and just one last thing: "Boy, am I enjoying FS2004." Stanps. KEEP YOUR HARD DRIVE DEFRAGGED!

Guest Gordius

Sorted. Open GPS. Select your destination airport so that can see the pages listing runways, frequencies, etc. At the frequencies page go to cursor mode, move the cursor until it highlights the runway ILS frequency you need and then press enter twice. The frequency will be either set to the standby for Nav1 or it will set Nav1 to that frequency straight away depending on the panel/aircraft you are flying.

Thank You a great deal..... I look forward to trying this. I am really getting to like this GPS...but I have a ways to go on it to feel really comfortable. Stan