Sign in to follow this  
Guest saudi_777

WHAT IS FSmeteo????

Hi fellas,I've always, always been hearing about this weather program for FS called FSMeteo. What does it do? Is it freeware or shareware, and where can I download it from? I wish that it gives me the possibility to download a file which represents all the current weather around the world, so that when I fly from place to place the weather changes according to the area of the world I'm flying in.Fill me in! :)Asim DaffaVP, Fleet - Senior First Officerwww.sv-virtual.com

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

FSMeteo (www.fsmeteo.com) is a commercial program in the shareware vein. That is, you can download a demo and it will work for a certain amount of time. I think it costs about $29.What it does is download real world weather, both METAR and winds aloft data. It can be configured and used in many ways. The way it is usually used is as an updating weather program. That is, it will download weather for your immediate area every X minutes (you specify how often, but default is 6 minutes). You can also download the entire world weather data and use it offline. I've got about 200 files of weather info from previous downloads. However, usually I use it online (updating every 6 minutes).FSMeteo is far more accurate and configurable than the default MSFS weather downloader. Working in conjunction with FSUIPC, it will allow control over many parameters and allow for a smoother transition between weather reporting stations. This allows the weather to change more like it does in real life, not just all at once. Also, Marc Philibert provides excellent support. There was a time when I was curious if he could consider adding a feature to a future release and I sent him an email about it. Within 2 hours, had added the feature and sent it to me to test out. FSMeteo is a program I will not fly without.

Thanx for the info Ken :D I should really check the demo...Asim :-kewl