Sign in to follow this  
acmech

Active camera or walk and follow?

I use Track IR :( although, I am loooking for a camera effect that gives the illusion that the aircraft is shaking :( while rolling on the ground in VC mode. Can walk and follow or Active camera give me this effect?I know :( Ariane Design 737 can do this without any programs.

I have Active Camera and it does just that. Incidentally, I'm thinking of getting TrackIR4 and was wondering if there are compatibility issues between the two. Apparently you have to turn off the "head latency" effect in AC (which moves the camera during flight in response to plane motion, turbulence, etc.) since TrackIR already creates its own similar effect, but I'm not sure if you also have to turn off the "ground turbulence" effect in AC as well. It would probably take you much less time to download AC than for me to get TrackIR so why don't you do this little experiment and let me know :( . You can actually download AC as a free demo, the only limit being that you have to stay in the Seattle area (if I remember correctly) and then decide if you want to buy it. Thanks,Al

Well, I downloaded the demo of Active camera. The ground roll shaking action and track IR didn't work out that great because it seemed like TrackIR was trying to counter act the action by resetting its position.Maybe someone else here has had better luck with the two products :( .

Instead of moving your head thru 180 degrees to view your "flight sim world" with TrackIR buy three monitors and have the Full 180 degrees in front of you all of the time. It is well worth the extra money it cost to do this. You would never be sorry and you would never go back to just one monitor !! PS I now use 4 monitors. I added a 4th, 17" monitor, which I keep my Garmin 500 GPS on. Yea, its really BIG (Its not in the below photo which is the old 3 monitor photo) Jerrycwo4

Guest Longyear

I use Active Camera 2004, and TrackIR 5.The two are not compatible in use at the same time. But it is certainly quite possible to enjoy both good effects. What you need to do is assign a key or button to the TrackIR's "Pause" function, and also assign a key or button to the "deactivate internal effects" function in the Active Camera 'Keys' page.You can then enjoy your TrackIR when you want to, but deactivate it and activate the motion effects from AC when you want these.To help with this, I assign the above two functions to the same joystick button. So it's a quick press of the button on my yoke to 'switch' between TrackIR and Active Camera effects.Works a treat. Couldn't live without either of these to be honest. Although "EZdok's" (Flight 1) motion effects (FSX only) are far improved on Active Camera's for FS2004. I personally can't fly now without either Active Camera (FS9) or EZdok (FSX) and TrackIR (both) as these effects are so important for immersion.

How do you get Active Camera to recognize joystick buttons? Mine only recognizes keyboard or mouse buttons. Do you need FSUIPC registered or something?Thanks,Al