Sign in to follow this  
Guest CargoMun

FS2004 Alaska ATC ( Very Nice )

Guest Akflyin

Hello Fellow simmers,I just finished a flight from Anchorage to Kodiak in the Default 737 ( in Avsim.com colors) and I have to tell you that I am really happy with the ATC in the new Sim. I was planning on shooting the ILS Runway 25 approach arcing around the Kodiak VOR at 10 dme from the inbound 335 degree radial from Anchorage which is the standard real world approach most of the time. Intially ATC told me to expect the ILS rwy 25 approach via vectors. Well, in the real world that is not possible due to non radar coverage below 6000 ft here in remote alaska, so I paged thru the ATC menu and found all the ILS rwy 25 approach available upon request. YEA BABY, that is EXACTLY was I was looking for. I requested the ILS rwy 25 approach via the 335 degree radial arcing around the ODK VOR at 10 DME and ATC obliged. :0) As I fly around the state with my approach plates open I plan on seeing just how much better ATC is equipped to give the actual approaches in relation to terrain clearance and other issues. This should be alot of fun.Dave

Guest odog

hey Dave, Glad to hear someone else is enjoying the ATC as much as me. I just ended my flight into Jamaica via the states and was vectored around the terrain to approach from the south. Very neat... I kept expecting to be vectored right into the side of a mountain, but never happened. :-) Im pretty green in regards to ATC and IFR, but the new sim makes it so much fun, every flight i make, no matter how short, I use ATC and file IFR. What a nice addition.joe

Guest CargoMun

I loved the fact that ATC refused me to even taxi yet alone depart becos of bad weather conditions (windy/rainy weather theme) :D Had to file a IFR flightplan just to get out of the airport not just landing in it wich was pretty neat.