Sign in to follow this  
MattM1121

Network setup with ASX/ASA/ASE

Greetings,I was just wondering if anyone has a working network setup using WideClient, FSUPIC, ASX/ASA/ASE, and FS9.If you do can you tell me how you get it to work? My current setup will set the inital weather that's automatically downloaded when the program starts, but nothing ever gets set after that.Perhaps my operating procedures are flawed? I really want to give ASX/ASA/ASE a chance.Thanks,-Matt

Guest BenBaron

Hi Matt,I am having this working...ASE on second PC via WideFS and FS9. No problem so far on my side. What happens at yours? No connection at all? At first, I got problems because I was using an outdated version of FSUIPC that some evil program installed :( . But now, its fine!Greets, Benny

Hi Matt,I am having this working...ASE on second PC via WideFS and FS9. No problem so far on my side. What happens at yours? No connection at all? At first, I got problems because I was using an outdated version of FSUIPC that some evil program installed :( . But now, its fine!Greets, Benny
Heh...those evil programs.... :( There is the inital connection when the program starts. ASE downloads the weather from it's external weather station and then sets it just fine in FS9. I then load my flight plan. Once I do that I try to manually set the weather at a specific destination. As an example KGEG. I put my aircraft at 5000' (The sim is paused. I do this to check to make sure the IFR weather at the destination airport is ok), then use the weather configuration screen to set clouds that are ovc at 2600'. Once I do that I select apply, then select the review button, then press the refresh button. I also press the Refresh AI button.The weather in FS9 never changes. Ever. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I'm using the latest version of FSUIPC and WideClient. I've cleared the weather a dozen time using FSUIPC, but nothing ever changes. When I restart ASE, it download external weather again and then sets it in FS9 just fine. But after that, again, no ability to set weather.Crazy I tells you...crazy... :( I've tried this same situation with AS6.5 and it appears to work just fine. So I don't understand why ASE is not working. B) Thanks,-Matt

Guest BenBaron

Well, I am not doing any close sophisticated as you :( . I am just giving it my FS flightplan and use its predictions...during flight it does its job by providing the appropriate weather until destination. This works...but yours really sounds like there's something going wrong inside of ASE.