Sign in to follow this  
Kyprianos Biris

DHC6 Twin Otter comparison & question

I looked arround, downloaded, installed and tested both :Alaskan Winds Air Service FS2002 PRO De Havilland Canada DHC6-300S Twin Otter awdhc-6.zip (with propnl22.zip, pnl22upd.zip, prosnd-1.zip and prosnd-2.zip) by Joao Paz and Barry Blaisdelland ...DHC-6 , Twin Otter dhc-6_requin.zip by Reqiun by Eric Dantes , Mauricio Illanes (Carenado)Now the first has very nice livery, 2D (red lit at night) panels with magnifying instruments and custom gauges, some external night textures, no VC but IMO flies a bit better.The second has also stunning livery, simple 2D panel with default MS gauges, an excellent VC (& cabin) with white lit instruments at night but it does not fly as well. It requires immence up trim just to keep final approach attitude.Question : are there any improved / better flight models ?I need a good performance twin to be able to operate out of rough runways (dirt) with an acceptable flight model. Both Otters I tried get gear collapsed as soon as they taxi a bit off runway. This is supposed to be an aircraft for unconventional operations as well correct ?Kyprianos Biris :-cool[link:avsim.com/greece/hvacc]Hellenic vACChttp://vateud.org/images/vatsim-eurs.gif

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!