Sign in to follow this  
peppy197

FS2004 : What You Can Expect With GeForce 2

Guest crj50

My system is a Pentium 4, 1.5. My video card is a "dinosaure", a GeForce 2. Great cerd for FS2002 but...with FS2004!!! This card gives me between 4 to 16 fps but the default aircrafts are "blurred". No stutters but not smooth in turns. Which NVidia drivers should I use? Is there some hope to improve image quality with my new drivers or should I invest in a new card?Thanks.

Take a look at my thread here.... These settings also worked with the GeF/2, but I had the 64 meg version. If you have less than that, you may run into an issue.http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=searchNote that if you max AI or you're in a major scenery area, you're performance will be lower than my shot shown in the thread. But your faster cpu may offset that a bit...-John

I had that card GF2 until last week. I was getting slow performance, usable at some locations but not as good as now.i got the fx5200 128DDr and can now fly through Manhattan at 1000 feet using AA to stop the jitters with scenery at MAX and AutoGen MAX less one notch and scattered 10% 3D with 10 miles vis and high res textures. Yes i get hit but not too bad for "look-see" flying, was at 6 fpsthat would be 1 fps with your card The FX5200 is a budget vard...P3-800 512RAM