Sign in to follow this  
Guest Chimere

Problem with panels in FSX + AP win 7

Guest Chimere

HW specs: 1. PC: cpu: core i7 920 mb: asus P6T ram: 4 GB vga: sapphire HD 4890 1GB DDR5 one 22" lcd 2. PC: cpu: core i7 930 mb: asus P6T ram: 4 GB vga: sapphire HD 5870 1GB DDR5 ( with 2 dvi, hdmi, display port ) Eyefinity on 3x 24" samsung lcds Both pcs have win7 PRO 64bit with latest drivers ( any other games work great ), FSX with acceleration pack with some adjustments from: http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=29041 So i have 2 problems. First: i cant activate in fsx 2d cockpit or any of panels ( like primary flight display, etc.. ). 2D cockpit is just black screen and when i in game activate some of panels i see just cursor from my windows. This problem is on both pcs and i tried many ways of FSX configuration. Maybe is problem in win7 cause on win XP or Vista i didnt have this problem. Is there some possible solution for this problem or i have to install some add-on for panels? Second problem: Default max zoom out in game is 0.30 in virtual cockpit, so on eyefinity with 3 lcd i can see just horizont, i cant activate panels ( problem 1 ), so i want to zoom out. I find some ways how to change max zoom in configuration file, but this dont work for me. I was editing Cameras.cfg file in root folder of the game and in the Users/myacc/appdata/roaming/MicGames/FSX folder. I hope you can help me with my 2 problems, thank you.

Guest Chimere

no1 can help me?

Make sure your motherboard chipset is up to date, and also the O/S, .Net, Dx, sound card and video card.Use FSX with no add-ons for testing the problems, and no tweaks or editing of any other files.One problem might have been due to editing the camera.cfg file. Try and work with a pure fsx install.Use only one monitor on the 930 computer. Problems with EyeFinity might be solvable by going to other ATI related forums.

The first problem sounds like the "flashing cursor from hell" that happens especially when you use triplehead2go or eyefinity. The solution is here (DB93's post): http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum...sc&start=15Basically you have to resize the 2d panels for each aircraft you use and you should be fine.Unfortunately I don't have a solution for the second issue. If you haven't done so you could try wideviewaspect=true in fsx.cfg. That would "fix" the zoom issue, but it will give you other issues that in my opinion are worse, e.g. side screen stretching. I tried to ask about this in http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=282990 but the thread got locked by the moderator. Anyway, it seems to have been mentioned in several triplehead2go/eyefinity threads (like http://forums1.avsim.net/lofiversion/index.php/t242897.html) but I'm not aware of any good solution.

Guest Chimere
Make sure your motherboard chipset is up to date, and also the O/S, .Net, Dx, sound card and video card.Use FSX with no add-ons for testing the problems, and no tweaks or editing of any other files.One problem might have been due to editing the camera.cfg file. Try and work with a pure fsx install.Use only one monitor on the 930 computer. Problems with EyeFinity might be solvable by going to other ATI related forums.
All drivers are latest.Windows is updated.FSX is without addons ( i tried just FSX without AP pack and it was the same problem )I tried pure instal on both pcs with one monitor and problem is the same.

All drivers are latest.Windows is updated.FSX is without addons ( i tried just FSX without AP pack and it was the same problem )I tried pure instal on both pcs with one monitor and problem is the same.
I think I would try different ATI drivers and possibly tinker with ATITool.

my ATI Eyefinity 3x1 works fine in virtual cockpit mode, but in 2D cockpit panels are missing. i read elsewhere this is a known issue with surround mode