Sign in to follow this  
brucek

1600 res users in FS2004

Guest GiZBUG

Is this option a result of your video card or monitor?I have a 9700pro and a Sony monitor, seems like I can only select 16 bit for 1600 res in flight sim. 32 bit is not listed.

Guest Bigshot

I have it listed in the FS menu. Doesn't matter where desktop is set either. I thought that was a nice change from FS2k2 where it wasn't listed unless desktop was set at that res. If you don't see it in the FSim settings/display/hardware, you can still set it at 1600x1200x32 in the fs9 cfg file manually.

My Sony 18.1" LCD limits to 1280*1024 when I use the DVI input. However, when using the analogue input, I can go all the way to 1600*1200. The native limit is the smaller figure, which is accurately relected in the DVI input, and relects the structure of the display and it's limiting values. The analogue input- since it's virtually not a direct connection to the digital circuitry- can accept the higher value, and then will attempt to extrapolate the higher res pic to the structural limit of the monitor. At least that's as I know it. I have a 9800 Pro, and in control panel have the box checked "show only modes supported ny monitor".Interestingly- the lower res with the DVI input looks sharper than the higher res being passed through all the A-->D circuitry and then having to be extrapolated to the physical limits of the LCD.Bruce.

Guest Bigshot

I just ordered that monitor along with a 9800 (standard) from Dell in a system for the wife. I take it you like the monitor. I plan to hook up via the DVI. She does digital photography and the 2d quality is way better on an ATI so I'm hoping she'll be happy with the image quality.

Yes, I'm very happy. What is lacks in higher res it makes up for in clarity and depth. Of course, such attributes are subjective. :)Bruce.