Sign in to follow this  

PLEASE HELP: My FPS suddenly dropped for no apparent reason...

I installed FS9 on my puter. I have my display settings extremely high quality. I took off from Manchester, NH (KMHT) to fly to Boston (KBOS). My framerates were about 12-15 fps the whole flight. I landed in Boston, and as soon as I landed my FPS went down to 1. I tried everything and I couldn't get a good frame rate. So I created a BRAND NEW flight with my starting point in Boston. Still the same FPS. I set ALL of the Display options to lowest or not enabled. Still 1 fps. I shutdown FS9, and restarted the same Boston flight, set all of my display slider to the right (highest quality) and checked all boxes (except AA) and now I'm getting 12-15 fps again. Has this happened to anyone. If so what's the remedy, other than shutting down FS9 and restarting?-PILOT_WANNABE

Guest SteveJ

You'll usually get more fps at altitude than landing at a major airport.....but getting the same low fps independent of display settings is strange. Do you have everything shut down in background? Perhaps windows is updating itself or your virus protection program is updating itself in the background and draining system resources? Steve J.

I had the same problem on my first flight with FS9. I was using ActiveSky1.9 also. I flew from KIAH to KTUL and had my fps drop to 1 everytime the a/c turned. When I began my decent into Tulsa the fps went to 1.5 and just stayed there. I have since reduced the settings and am using the default FS9 weather. I'm now getting from 6-18 fps with a 2.4 Ghz P4! Looks to me like everyone will need that 4 Ghz machine to run this one with all sliders maxed!

Thanks guys,But I was not doing any background processing eating my cpu. FS9 had 100%! I have a 2.4 overclocked to 2.6. The interesting thing, is once I shut down and restarted FS and I went to Boston, I was getting 12-15 FPS with all sliders maxed and check boxes checked (except for that stupid AA). Anyway I'll keep plugging away at it.