Sign in to follow this  
757FO

how I got more FPS on my rig (WinXP)

Hi all,I was not completely satisfied with the performance on my rig with 2K4. I have most sliders to the left, tweaked the program according to the latest tips (see top of forum, great job btw) and when using lots of clouds, FPS/Fluidity was not the best IMO.I knew that I could give the program more resource by tuning my OS, I went to tweakxp.com and looked at one article System Settings for a Game Machine (http://www.tweakxp.com/display.aspx?id=114) I created a 2nd Hardware profile, rebooted, selected new profile and diabled the services listed in the thread. I also disabled Windows visual effects (Right click my computer, Advanced, Performance, Adjust for best performance)After doing all of this, the sim is running much faster, better FPS and fluidity. I dont have the numbers since I am at work, but doing this definitely increased performance.. I also made sure to only have the amount ot processes running kept to minumum. The drawback is that I lose all the neat graphics and XP looks like Win98..lol.. but at least I can enjoy the sim much better. When I dont sim, I just reboot my puter and select the original profile, WinXP looks like usual ;) Sorry for not providing more scientific data (FPS gain, etc) but it does not hurt to try and see... There are many more articles on this site to tweak the OS so I am sure there is more that can be done.Take careJohnMy System Asus P4PE MoboPIV 2.8 (Oc to 3.01)512 DDR RAM WinXP SP1 (current updates)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!