Sign in to follow this  
Lucass

Tower view

Hi,I would like to make a few nice screenshots while approaching, so I want to change position tower on destination airport. I have FSX. When I enter MAP menu, I don't see tower icon which I could move it on desired place. Why? PS. Is there other freeware soft like payware Active Camera or Walk&Follow?Regards,

When I enter MAP menu, I don't see tower icon which I could move it on desired place. Why?
Because it is a different "viewing system" than what was used in FS9 and previous versions. Much more flexible now. Something gained, something lost.Simplest solution: make the tower views ( nearest and other) MOVABLE in the cameras.cfgoriginal definition of Nearest Tower:XyzAdjust = FALSEedited for "mobility"XyzAdjust = TRUEXyzRate = 10.0 // meters per secondPitchPanRate=10 // degrees per secondHeadingPanRate=45 // degrees per secondPanAcceleratorTime=0Use VC key combinations to move the tower. Adjust the movement and pan rates to suit your preferences.---------------------------For larger airports, where even 10m/s would take a long time to get from the initial tower location to the end of a runway, you can use a fixed location camera - there are no default f/l cameras. The SDK has a sample flight with 4 f/l cameras that can be added to your saved flights set... f/l cameras can be defined in the global cameras.cfg, any aircraft, or added to any saved flight and, of course, to missions.my most-frequently-flown aircraft carry their own f/l cameras:[CameraDefinition.XXX]Title = Fixed Camera 1Guid = {835BFC1C-1A03-994A-A176-49318FEB094E}Description = Fixed location cameraOrigin = FixedInstancedBased = NoPanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = TrackAllowZoom = YesInitialZoom = 2.0SmoothZoomTime = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEXyzRate = 20 // meters per secondCategory = CustomFixedLatitude=N39.2155FixedLongitude=W106.3144FixedAltitude=3400 // metersInitialPbh=89.0, 0, 0... edit the location and altitude, save, reload aircraft and camera is available at the new location in just moments.Loyd

Hi, thanks for reply ...but:I modified cameras.cfg and add following entries:(for "Nearest Tower")XyzAdjust=TRUEXyzRate=10.0//meters per secondPitchPanRate=10//degrees per secondHeadingPanRate=45//degrees per secondPanAcceleratorTime=0..and nothing happened. What did I wrong?

Use VC key combinations to move the tower. Adjust the movement and pan rates to suit your preferences.
Did you mean this:shift+backspace/enterctrl+backspace/entershift+ctrl+backspace/enter?

Hi, thanks for reply ...but:I modified cameras.cfg and add following entries:..and nothing happened. What did I wrong?Did you mean this:shift+backspace/enterctrl+backspace/entershift+ctrl+backspace/enter?
Precisely.There are two cameras.cfg files; the one in the FSX main folder is the backup - if you edited that one nothing will change.Since I don't know your OS, you need to go to the Application Data folder under your username for your OS and find the set of FSX folders there. FSX.cfg, Cameras.cfg, dll.xml, GrantedRewards.BIN etc are all in this folder. Subfolders contain the key assignments file (standard.xml) and the aircraft enginetime records for all your aircraft.Loyd

Ok, now it works! Thanks:)...but what should I do, that the camera rotate faster? (ctrl+backspace/enter) ..now, it is very, very slow.

Hi,I have one more question:As I wrote earlier, I can change Nearest Tower camera view by using Shift, Ctrl and Enter or Backspace keys in different directions, but rotate angle of camera is limited. Why?..thereinafter I cant't see my landing plane from rwy threshold :(Best regards,Lucas

Both of my tower views contain freedom to move/freedom to pan attributes:Origin = TowerSnapPbhAdjust = OrdinalSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = TrackShowAxis = NoAllowZoom = YesInitialZoom = 2.0SmoothZoomTime = 0.5ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEXyzRate = 5.0PitchPanRate=15HeadingPanRate=45PanAcceleratorTime=0Track = None is valid but it would always pan to your tophat and never track the aircraft.It is set to Track = Track and you have to unlock the panning feature if you want to pan.The control function View track/pan (Toggle) does NOT have a default key set... you must set one. I used CTRL+V.Once this is done, both tower modes can either track you, or not, as you choose.Loyd

Hm.. I don't understand.. I think that my cfg file is correct, but movements of camera are still limited (using ctrl+enter/backspace or shift+enter/backspace)Maybe I can paste my Cameras.cfg here, and you could see on it and say what is wrong and what should I do? Ok?Regards,Lucas

Maybe I can paste my Cameras.cfg here, and you could see on it...Ok?Lucas
Yes that is OK. However just copy Nearest Tower & Facilities Towerthe rest of the cameras.cfg isn't needed for this. or you can just look at mine because I know it works.[CameraDefinition.007]Title = Nearest TowerGuid = {60BC0819-BD04-4AF6-8954-8FC8AA3545FF}Description = This is the description of the tower view.Origin = TowerSnapPbhAdjust = OrdinalSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = TrackShowAxis = NoAllowZoom = YesInitialZoom = 1.0SmoothZoomTime = 1.0zoompanscalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEXyzRate = 10.0PitchPanRate=10HeadingPanRate=45PanAcceleratorTime=0Transition = NoShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = TowerClipMode = Tower[CameraDefinition.008]Title = Facilities TowerGuid = {AA8C80C0-9EE2-4284-A1C2-B20CD3F5F3D9}Description = description of the other towers view.Origin = FixedInstancedBased = YesSnapPbhAdjust = Ordinal // addSnapPbhReturn = False // addPanPbhAdjust = Swivel // addPanPbhReturn = False // addTrack = TrackShowAxis = NoAllowZoom = YesInitialZoom = 2.0zoompanscalar = 1.0SmoothZoomTime = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEXyzRate = 10.0PitchPanRate=10HeadingPanRate=45PanAcceleratorTime=0Transition = NoShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = TowerCycleHideRadius = 10ClipMode = TowerAnd DO make sure you are not editing the cameras.cfg in the FSX install folder.... that is the backup copy.Loyd

Hi Loyd,Now it works (when I switch to "Facilities Tower" view)! Thank you!..but.. :)..when I start moving angle of view (i.e. ctrl + enter/backspace), I can't stop rotating camera. I.e. - when I press ctrl+enter and the angle of view changes, then I press ctrl+backspace to try stop rotating camera, but I can't. The camera - although very slowly - but still rotating.What can I do, to fully stop rotating camera?I hope you understand me ..sorry for my poor English :(Regards,Lucas

What can I do, to fully stop rotating camera?I hope you understand me ..sorry for my poor English :(Regards,Lucas
Not to worry...your English is far better than my German, Spanish, Italian, French and Urdu.Unless you have changed some assignments, the CTRL+Spacebar STOPS all camera movement; it does not reset the original location.If you just press a movement key combination 1 or 2 times, pressing the opposite seems to stop it though it may end up still with a little creeping movement.I don't remember noting before... all movement is on WORLD N-S and E-W headings and combinations. The movement is NOT along viewing direction. It is much easier to maneuver with a north-orientated top down view visible in another small window - movement is a bit like slew mode while pointed North.Glad to helpLoyd