Sign in to follow this  

Monarch Airlines

Hi guys,just wondered if someone could do a Monarch paint for Wilcos A321 iae/cfm and also the A320. I would love to see the Headkandi paint also :( ! There seems to be 1 paint for the A320 and thats strange as the Monarch fleet consist of around 35 buses. PLEASE ARTISTS!!!! :( Chris

Chris Howard

Guest lgvpilot1

Hi ChrisThe problem you and many other Wilco users face is the fact that from a painters point of view the Wilco paintkits are not exactly user friendly.example is the Wilco A332 but the paint kits are all the same layout Also I should add the "Kit"? comes with no engines or wings !! just that one cut up fuselage Yes you can use the parts from another aircraft , but why should you have to edit ,before you can paint ??Just getting the curves and lines that make up the Monarch Livery to match up on the three seperate parts of the fuselage is very time consuming even when using FSRepaint to check and alter the work It's a shame really seeing as the Wilco Airbus series does seem to be popular aircraft , but maybe this explains why so many Wilco Airbus requests go unanswered Having said all that , lets hope the next post is someone offering to do the paint for you

Hi Mark, first of all thanks for your detailed explanation on this subject, at least i know why the monarch paint is rare for the Wilco bus. 2nd, i hope someone will do it someday or im going to have to learn this myself as its now holiday season and monarch are in full swing around Europe!!Chris

Chris Howard

Just getting the curves and lines that make up the Monarch Livery to match up on the three seperate parts of the fuselage is very time consuming even when using FSRepaint to check and alter the work
What exactly stops you from patching the fuselage pieces together?
's a shame really seeing as the Wilco Airbus series does seem to be popular aircraft , but maybe this explains why so many Wilco Airbus requests go unanswered
The reason Wilco requests go unanswered is that both the model and textures suck.

Guest lgvpilot1
What exactly stops you from patching the fuselage pieces together?
nothing , apart from the fact if you are one pixel out , it will show on the paint as a miss aligned texture , so it takes it own sweet time to even do that.Besides , most paintkits come with a full fuselage texture , so why should a painter have to make one before he starts
The reason Wilco requests go unanswered is that both the model and textures suck.
Why even ask about the textures if that is your opinion of the aircraft ?? :(