Sign in to follow this  
maverickr

FS9 config. file

Hello FS9 simmers,This post might not go here but I'm sure I'll be told if it doesn't.I recently bought a Dell running on Vista Home Premium 64 bit. Inside the C: drive is two Program folders. One is labeled Program files and the other is is labeledProgram files(x86). When I installed FS9 it defaulted to the (x86) folder so that's where I've been adding all FS9 programs.When I recently had to change the aircraft.cfg. file for changing a parameter or even adding a new texture, etc., I was given the followingpop-up message. "Access to program files(x86)\ Microsoft Games\ Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft_208\Aircraft.cfg. was denied.) I get this message 10 out of 10 times.Has anyone elase had this problem and could tell me how to solve it? Microsoft and Winzip deny that it's there problem.Thank you,Mikemaverickr54@yahoo.com

mike:may want to remove your email address from your post(s). the 'spam bots' will pick it up and send you even more email garbage.the message you are receiving is UAC (user account control) keeping you from damaging the system. this is a 'security feature' part of VISTA and win7.you need to turn off UAC.even better turn off UAC and uninstall FSX. now install FSX in a custom folder, say c:/FS, to avoid the worse behaviors of the OS 'protection system'.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/