Sign in to follow this  
John F

Eddie Denney's Alaskan scenery.

Is it possible to determine the file to download from Eddie's Alaskan terrain mesh scenery,for a particular area? e.g.The file that includes Thompson Pass K55.Rodger.

Rodger,Tell me the latitude of the location(s) you want. I may be able to determine which file you need, because I've kept the original download folders with zip names (I think).John

John,Thanks for the reply.LAT N61 10.59LONG W 41.67145I am using North Alaskan Skies by Dave Erickson and flew from Thompson Pass airport and enjoyed the flight op the pass and into a large valley.I would like to see if Eddie's terrain mesh would improve the default scenery.I installed Eddie's Alaskan Terrain Mesh for FS2002, File 1 of 16,but I am unable to locate and view the changes to the default scenery.I am using Kern Pegg's method for installing terrain mesh.www.airpacifica.org

John,Made a mistake in the LONG.Should be:LONG W 145 41.67Rodger.

Rodger,Sorry it took so long to get back to you. The 16 files run from south to north in ascending order of latitude (except the very top latitudes -- 71 and 72N are also thrown into the first folder). So longtitude is immaterial. The first few zip files, ak2k21.zip, ak2k22, ak2k23, slowly work their way up the Southeast Panhandle and the Aleutians. Then the file sizes get noticeably larger as you reach the Anchorage area where there's more mainland at that latitude. I stopped downloading with ak2k28.zip and that took me through 62 N, a bit above Denali. Hope this helps.John

Rodger,So if you want an area at roughly 61 N, there's a good bet it's in ak2k27.zip.John

John,Is it possible to obtain a map, with a legend for the areas?I am glad I switched to cable!!!!Rodger.

Rodger,There's no map in the zip files, if that's want you mean. The ReadMe text is the same with each file...not specific. But the .bgl files are named according to the latitude they contain (62.bgl, for example). Of course, you can't see that until AFTER you've downloaded and unzipped. If you've got a good map of Alaska, you can pretty much get what you need...but it's somewhat hit and miss. AK2K8.zip, for example, contains the horizontal "slice" from 61 to 62N. If you want to go south from there, download the zip file with the next lower ending number (7).John

Sorry, I goofed. AK2K28.zip contains everything from 62 to 63N (it's the 62.bgl). So AK2K27.zip would hold 61 to 62N.