Sign in to follow this  
Guest Geewiz

Need Specific Instructions for using USB headset

Guest Geewiz

On my old FSX/Windows XP box I never had a problem using my Logitech USB headset in multiplayer environs.I've now upgraded to a Windows 7 box and have had no success getting the headset working. I find the new (improved?) control panel settings in Windows 7 very confusing, and I'm thinking the problem is there. Or, perhaps, there is a radio setting that I now have to set, that I haven't had to be concerned with in the past?Every now and then in multiplayer, after trying to adjust the configurations, I'll be able to hear some chatter from one or two players. But they never are able to hear me, and usually I can't hear them.Within FSX Sound Control, I have the Voice drop down window selected to the USB headset.I have a LONG list of various ports that I've read need to be opened on my router - and have opened, and have even been trying to simply turn off my firewall.I've confirmed the mic and earphons work in Windows sound recorder, but am stymied by this inability to get it working in Windows 7.Anyone who has Win7/FSX and a working USB headset in multiplayer, and who is willing to share some screenshots of their sound settings in Control Panel, and any ports, etc. that need to be opened, would be of great service and very much appreciated.Thank you!

On my old FSX/Windows XP box I never had a problem using my Logitech USB headset in multiplayer environs.I've now upgraded to a Windows 7 box and have had no success getting the headset working. I find the new (improved?) control panel settings in Windows 7 very confusing, and I'm thinking the problem is there. Or, perhaps, there is a radio setting that I now have to set, that I haven't had to be concerned with in the past?Every now and then in multiplayer, after trying to adjust the configurations, I'll be able to hear some chatter from one or two players. But they never are able to hear me, and usually I can't hear them.Within FSX Sound Control, I have the Voice drop down window selected to the USB headset.I have a LONG list of various ports that I've read need to be opened on my router - and have opened, and have even been trying to simply turn off my firewall.I've confirmed the mic and earphons work in Windows sound recorder, but am stymied by this inability to get it working in Windows 7.Anyone who has Win7/FSX and a working USB headset in multiplayer, and who is willing to share some screenshots of their sound settings in Control Panel, and any ports, etc. that need to be opened, would be of great service and very much appreciated.Thank you!
Hello Geewiz, you may have your problem resolved by now but anyway I'll give you my two cents worth. I found switching to Win 7 64 was a pain regarding sound and continues so when updates are made to win 7, new drivers, etc. because computer changes sound config. I have to go back in and re-set. I use a Logitech USP and have been for years. Here is my setup, sorry no pictures, I'm on notebook computer. Win control panel, Hardware and Sound, Sound, only two devices I use are the SB Audigy Speakers for my FSX engine, envir, etc sound and Logitech USB Headset for multi player. Make sure these two devices are set as default and others on the list are not active. Next, go to the Recording Tap and make sure Logitech USB Headset is set as the default device and all others are not active. Next go to FSX Settings, Sound, Windows sound devices make sure Sounds show your Speakers (mine is SB Audigy) and Voice shows your head set (mine is Logitech USB). As I indicated, sometimes after updates occur, my sound config is changed so I have to go back in and reset.Anyway, I hope this helps and you get your system up and running. Good luck!

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.